Weapon Sets

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Vantus
Lost One

Weapon Sets

Post by Vantus »

First of all, sorry for harping on about weapons all the time but I feel it was worth a post. :)
Please feel free to say if i'm wrong here. I really don't know too much about RP-Mod's admin commands.

Right now the only command we have to give guns to people during training or Missions is "Merc". This gives a person more guns than Rambo.
Could there be an additional bunch of commands that give Specific weapons sets to players?

For example:

"Merc-blasters" Would give Pistols and an E-11 Rifle.
"Merc-Medium" Would give a Repeater and Falchette Cannon
"Merc-Heavy" Would give a Concussion Rifle and Rocket Launcher
"Merc-Sniper" Would give pistols, Crossbow and a Sniper Rifle
"Merc-Demo" Would give Grenades and Det Charges.

These are just examples, I never put much thought into the names or what they would give, thats not my call.

I just think this would benefit in missions where Grunts should only have blasters and Demolitions experts would only have the odd grenade.

Plus if anyone is hosting a simulation like Nivek's for example, you could use a specific admin command to give A blaster set to a student rather than giving them the whole shebang with Rocket launchers on their backs etc.

Obviously "Merc" would remain there for the times you just want to give that person everything.

Thoughts?

Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Would be useful, though an rpmerc per weapon would also work rather than in sets as you suggested. So I can give everyone a specific weapon and remove it later.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I think it's a good idea, but it could easily become a hassle to maintain if you're the admin (though I doubt it'd be a *real* problem). The only other way to give people specific weapons is to edit the weapons value for their account, which can only be done with Council admin, God admin, or RCON. Which... most people don't have haha.

Aye, Vantus, I'm on board w/ you on this one.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Even Nivek's suggestion would work. To be able to give specific weapons like you can in single players with cheats.

Ther list doesn't need to be so detailed of course, just whatever suited the admins.

I could just see missions having more diversity with "Gunner Classes" just so you're not always running away from bozos with E-11's.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Typically when missions are set-up beforehand and not done "on the spot", there's accounts set up with various weapons and items, adding a bit of diversity. however, this would make things much faster to set up, just a bit longer to take down haha. No reason we can't have both, though ;)
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:I think it's a good idea, but it could easily become a hassle to maintain if you're the admin (though I doubt it'd be a *real* problem). The only other way to give people specific weapons is to edit the weapons value for their account, which can only be done with Council admin, God admin, or RCON. Which... most people don't have haha.
Also note, that it requires a member with the necessary access to remove that weapon from your account, and with the holstered weapons feature, it can get annoying having to trudge around with a repeater, or whatever, strapped to you.

"Hey, Vantus, why do you have a blaster?"
"BECAUSE NO ONE IS HERE TO TAKE IT OFF MY ACCOUNT!" *Shoots wildly*
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Generally speaking, the accounts with weapons are created solely for Public missions and removed after the mission. We tend not to add weapons to a student account.

Vantus' suggestion is sound though provided the admins in question 'unmerc' the players (of course they can always log out and log back in if this doesn't happen.. I assume this is what you meant in your post Alk)

As long as it doesn't overinflate RPmods code I think it could be a godsend for mini missions.

Also self restraint and the ability to use /rpdropweapon helps too.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

It'd also be nice to diminish the brief frame-rate/lag issues we all get when someone tries cycling through the entire arsenal of weapons...
Arden Rozees

Post by Arden Rozees »

just bind them to the number buttons
Aslyn Wrote ...cycling through the entire arsenal...
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Just to clarify, this is an Admin command i'm suggesting, not a new bunch of RP logins.

This way admins can giveth and taketh away. :P

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Aye, Vantus, I'm on board w/ you on this one.
I'm with you too.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Arden Rozees

Post by Arden Rozees »

Though i havent got much experience,just by the sound of it,i am with you too Vantus.