[CLOSED] Server and HUD issues

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: ((Server and HUD issues))

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

I've noticed a small pattern but it might be that I am completely wrong but I've personally noticed the issue popping up when Grohk/Rhuk have been around, the moment they have both left /rpgetrpcs has worked and the issue has gone when connecting.

I AM NOT BLAMING THEM, I'm just saying what I've seen and may be completely wrong. Correct me if the issue has happened when they haven't been around please.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Evanin,

I personally think it has something to do with 10 or more people being connected, not one of the nohgri twins. I've only ever experienced this problem with 10 or more connected and I feel it unfair to pin it on two.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Arven Silaan wrote:Evanin,

I personally think it has something to do with 10 or more people being connected, not one of the nohgri twins. I've only ever experienced this problem with 10 or more connected and I feel it unfair to pin it on two.
I only pointed it out as I experienced it with as little as 6/7 the other day when they were on and wondered if it was an issue with their clients (Not intentional), that is all I'm saying.

As I said, "correct me if I'm wrong" and fewer have been on without them when it occured :P.
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Isane Fenris
Lost One

Post by Isane Fenris »

Problem arose when connecting to the server at 1310 GST, wouldn't resolve on using that command. About 11 people were on at the time.

Image|age_52|height_1.65|species_dathomirian|mentor_motoko.isawa/aslyn.denethorn/simus.cnydaria|padawan_trin.oniron/vania.starr|

Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Isane Fenris wrote:Problem arose when connecting to the server at 1310 GST, wouldn't resolve on using that command. About 11 people were on at the time.
I connected 10 minutes later and the problem was ongoing
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Between 1406/00 and 1406/30 I found out that RPmod functions become partially disabled when the bug occurs. I tried setting my say_team_mod to bond, but the game mentioned such a command didn't exist.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Zander-Bo Umra wrote:Between 1406/00 and 1406/30 I found out that RPmod functions become partially disabled when the bug occurs. I tried setting my say_team_mod to bond, but the game mentioned such a command didn't exist.
Aye, a say_team_mod emote is the same Zander when the bug is in place. I don't know what the extent for the rest of the commands is, unholstering a saber causes a weird glitchy ignition that last a second as if it is going to ignite in other mods when chosen but remains off despite the light showing for a fraction of a second, playing the sound.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

- 1526GST

HUD issue, there were 10 players online (one of them was a spamming bot).

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Alright, we just tried it while Grokh was on the server and one person ( me ) disconnected. /rpgetrpcs didn't work for those present. Grokh disconnected after I reconnected, and the command -did- work in his absence. This was between 1608 and 1610 GST.

Note: I am not blaming Grokh specifically, but a theory has been tested and we might have a better avenue of investigating the issue at hand.

Note 2: It is specifically when Grokh was logged in that it happened.

The last tests were 1616/11-13 for a failed /rpgetrpcs when Grokh was logged in.

1616/51 GST was the time of a succesful /rpgetrpcs when Grokh was logged out.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Could it be possible there's too many accounts in the RPmod system? Maybe a clean up is in order.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Well well.. yes, it seems it was Grokh's account. Why? because the RPMod account display name was "Grokh'torr Eikh’mir", with that character between "Eikh" and "mir". I don't know why yet, but this character got converted internally to the separator used between keys and values by the RPCS system (RPMod ConfigStrings)... suffice to say it messed up everything.

I just changed Grokh's account display name in the RPMod database, so this should resolve the issue. I also edited "Rhuk'torr Eikh’mir", who seemed to have the same problem.

I will of course try to make RPMod more robust against this kind of mistake; in the mean time please let me know if the problem occurs again.

- Soh.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Thank you, Soh.

Hopefully this will be the end of this issue. :)

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Soh Raun wrote:Well well.. yes, it seems it was Grokh's account. Why? because the RPMod account display name was "Grokh'torr Eikh’mir", with that character between "Eikh" and "mir". I don't know why yet, but this character got converted internally to the separator used between keys and values by the RPCS system (RPMod ConfigStrings)... suffice to say it messed up everything.

I just changed Grokh's account display name in the RPMod database, so this should resolve the issue. I also edited "Rhuk'torr Eikh’mir", who seemed to have the same problem.

I will of course try to make RPMod more robust against this kind of mistake; in the mean time please let me know if the problem occurs again.

- Soh.
:shock: GASP!
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1