[CLOSED] NPC Server Crash

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

[CLOSED] NPC Server Crash

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Well, I was successfully able to crash the server within 10 minutes of first using RPMod 0.4.0 :P

Basically, I tried something that I knew wouldn't work, and that was to try and spawn a tauntaun vehicle that would use my model: "/npc spawn vehicle tauntaun marsha gabe/default"

I've since learned that the skin you're trying to use must be on the server, and that animations would clash when using the vehicles with regular models. Obviously, I don't expect this to *work*, simply thought it may be good to add some kind of safeguard that would prevent a server crash and instead simply return an error message of some sort.

Not really a bug, but closer to a bug than a suggestion, I figured ;)
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Oh well. I didn't test it with vehicles, to be honest. Specifying a model for vehicles will crash whatever the model is (even a valid vehicle one).. it's just completely unsupported on vehicles.

A fix is ready, but the MammothGames interface isn't working right now so I can't restart the server safely. I will update it later today or tomorrow when Americans will be sleeping ;-)