[CLOSED] Crash during Hold.

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

[CLOSED] Crash during Hold.

Post by Ergo Stomi »

This has happened a bunch now, and it seems that sometimes when you absorb while someone is using hold on you, it can cause the server to crash. Happens on different maps and not just Atlantica.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Ctathos
Lost One

Re: [NEW] Crash during Hold.

Post by Ctathos »

Ergo Stomi wrote:This has happened a bunch now, and it seems that sometimes when you absorb while someone is using hold on you, it can cause the server to crash. Happens on different maps and not just Atlantica.
This is becoming a serious problem on the server. During missions, outings, etc. on the Galaxy as well.

I know Rash had me in Hold 3, I used Absorb 4 and it crashed the Galaxy. The Temple crashes quite often due to the same problem.

When you are being held, if you hit absorb, crashy.

Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

Its not just absorb and hold that causes the crashes, seems that using heal while being held can cause the crash as well.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

The strange part is that it doesn't seem consistent; sometimes it will crash on me, sometimes it won't. It particularly seems to happen when more people are in the room, but not always.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

I remember a few months ago full Force duels with Jamus in the arena. While I barraged him thoroughly and in all possible combinations with lightning, drain, grip, push and pull, and mindtrick he absorbed, protected, counter-pushed/griped and sensed in all combinations, without any problems regarding lags or even crashes.
We mostly were the only ones in the arena I assume, perhaps with a visitor or two popping in every now and then for a few.

So, perhaps some sort of a minor intern fix that has been uploaded to the server(s) lately is causing the problem?

Oh, back then, most of our offensive powers were set to level 3 and switched to 2 every now and then. So, it might be possible that only 4+ powers cause these problems.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This bug is supposed to be fixed in RPMod 0.4.1. If it still happens, please reopen this bug report and give as many details as possible about the circumstances in which it occurred.