[FIXED] vid_restart problem

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

[FIXED] vid_restart problem

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

I just downloaded the new RPmod and it's installed properly, I checked and triple checked. When you do settings and change something that causes you to recon the server, the normal Level/Rank/Admin in the top right hand corner disappears and is replaced by a Leader and number of kills. Also at the bottom right hand corner there Score and your respected kills can be found. Another thing I found was when you saber unclip, it will ignite really quickly then disignite.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I'm having the same issue, having reconnected after changing my graphics settings.
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

Aye, both of those are true, I had the same thing happen to me.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

Ergo Stomi wrote:Aye, both of those are true, I had the same thing happen to me.
:x
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

It sounds like after executing the command /vid_restart, the client isn't executing +set fs_game rpmod again.

Until a patch is released, I suggest a /quit and restart of the game using the RPMod shortcut to anyone who needs to restart the video interface.

Out of curiosity, is anyone getting this problem who uses install method #2?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

No problem here, Method 2.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

That's what I figured. Thanks.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This bug occurs regardless of the install method, and RPMod also stays properly loaded (you could still see /rpinfoitem, for instance).

What happens is that with the new RPCS (RPMod ConfigStrings) system, the client asks the server to send all RPCS when it's loading/reloading (with vid_restart). However, flood protection on the server discards that command, leaving the client clueless regarding the server's parameters. I didn't notice this problem when developing this new system as there is no flood protection locally.

In short, two workarounds: disable flood protection on the servers, or manually request the RPCS with a command. I did the former as it's easier for the players, but hope it won't be abused. This is only temporary anyway, I'll try to find a better solution.

If you still see the problem, please report it here and I'll give you the command.