[CONFIRMED] Account login?

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Rash Loist
Lost One

[CONFIRMED] Account login?

Post by Rash Loist »

Tonight when I came back onto the server, I went to hit my login bind as usually and I got a message from Tel and him telling me that apparently he was logged into my account for a moment.

Clicky

Very odd, Tel wasn't doing anything with accounts either. This could be a major issue waiting to explode just thought i'd point it out.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I recall seeing that as well now for a few times, been quite a while since last time though, always happened after the map change too.

Though I know I didn't actually get logged in as anyone, just got the message.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

There are usually no consequences to this. I've done it many times, and from my understanding it happens when spectating someone.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Wow. That's scary :shock:

As far as I can see after early investigations, this seems to only happen while/after spectating someone, as Maloush suggested. Rash, could you confirm you were following, or last followed Tel before logging in? (if you remember)

Basically, the problem is that the client number* is wrong under certain circumstances. This could impact a LOT of things, but by chance not much can happen while you are a spectator. At least there don't seem to be any consequence as far as accounts are concerned.
(* only the client number stored in ent->s.number is concerned here, there are other ways to get it - one of which is also unreliable, but already fixed long ago).

If this cause is confirmed, it should be relatively easy to fix, at least for messages. For the rest (1004 occurrences in the code), I'd have to investigate in detail to see what the consequences are. No client update would be necessary.

Oh, and because two out of two people responding to this thread encountered this potentially critical issue several times and said nothing, and because this is not the first time this happens...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

- PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REPORT BUGS -

- DO NOT IGNORE BUGS -

- DO NOT ASSUME I KNOW ALL OF THEM -

- I CAN'T FIX BUGS I DO NOT KNOW -

Thank you. :)
I can have Corinth make cookies for you if you want :roll:

Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

A little off topic but...About those Cookies...I WANT THEM!!!
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"
Tel Koth
Lost One

Post by Tel Koth »

Here is second screen, with bigger resolution, in case if somebody needs bigger image.

Currently nothing important.

|RP age: 32 |Next birthday: 281.17|