[NEW] Passive Powers and Saber locks

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Maloush
Lost One

[NEW] Passive Powers and Saber locks

Post by Maloush »

Much to my irritation, all passive powers (Absorb, Protect, Rage) deactivate when a pair go into a saber lock. Can we please fix this some how? It sucks not being able to protect during a saber lock, considering how dangerous they are in a spar.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Absolutely agree with this.
Ian Prine
Lost One

Post by Ian Prine »

Ommar wrote:Absolutely agree with this.

Padawan Ian Prine
|race_human|age_--|height_1.77m|mentor(s)_jorel.ranon/cyril.feraan/rash.loist|

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yes. I possible, please change/fix.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Yes please.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Mhm. But what about the person being able to dodge the killing blow from a Saber lock. Shouldn't that be sorted out too? I suppose it is realistic, being able to get out of it, yet it still kind of feels less rewarding.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

No, Keep the dodge. Some of us Rp flexible characters rather than strong characters; they loose and dodge the lock.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Then it loses half the point of having a lock in the first place. Someone can easily get out of it, completely blow through your shields while you're stuck there just waiting for it to happen. You actually don't have any advantage, once someone knows how to get out of it, they always will.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I'm a slippery rascle(not that there's anything wrong with my bodily secretions...) Anyways, blocks are pretty random and hard to predict; it'd be relatively unfair to have someone win a block just cause they began the button bashing quicker, Lol.

Then again, that's not the topic, so I should probably shut up. :?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Keep the dodge.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I'm not sure I agree with you guys. The nature of a saber lock is purely a battle of wills and strength between two opponents: something which requires considerable concentration. A lapse in that causes you to lose the lock, which as we know can often be fatal (given the high amount of damage being caused).

As we also know, ICly, maintaining Absorb or Protect ALSO requires concentration and effort. So with the lock, you've got two choices: maintain the Absorb/Protect skill, and lose the block, or lose the protection of your energy field(s) and stand a fighting chance. I'm sorry you guys think that it's easy to do both at once, but I personally don't think so, and as such, I'd say leave the system as it is.

It's certainly NOT a bug, as far as I'm concerned. This one's something that really ought to be in the Suggestions forum.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

I agree with Aslyn in an RP sense.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Hmm. The dodge shouldn't be kept, as I said. once you know how, it completely removes the point of it and makes you vulnerable. That said in relation to Aslyn's comment, maybe if you use Protect/Absorb in a saber-lock, you could lose the ability to tap the mouse button and fight against the saber-lock as a penalty?

Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

It is a glitch though, lol. Something similar with removing the cloak and changing skins. And there are many characters adept enough at sparring/meditation that would be able to overcome the lock while maintaining their Force shield.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I think that absorption and protection are already so powerful of abilities that there should at least be a decent or significant penalty if you're allowed to keep them during a lock.

Otherwise, I'm not too particular.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine