[NEW] Fall Damage Incorrect Values

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Tomoran
Exiled

[NEW] Fall Damage Incorrect Values

Post by Tomoran »

After extensive testing, it appears that Jump 4 and 5 do not reduce the damage that an individual takes if they fall and land on their back.

Jump 3 reduces the damage as it describes (by 50%) whereas Jump 4 and Jump 5 are supposed to make an individual take no fall damage but instead they take the full amount when they land on their back. Normal fall damage is eliminated properly.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Well, I believe that when landing on your back, it's meant to give you at least some damage, if not all, because the character is not in control of the jump, where as normal jumping/falling because of choice, would make you in control.
I think as such that it's a deliberate choice by Soh, or else it is still appropriate.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

I can see this making sense for jump4, but possibly not for jump5.

But that's getting into a discussion that should happen on the suggestions board Olim, lets drag it over there. :)

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

No, see

This is a bug because level 3 of jump still reduces the amount of damage you take when you fall on your back by 50%

Having Jump 4 or 5 enabled is the same as having Jump 0 when you land on your back in terms of fall damage.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Oh no, I agree with you on that Ron, Olim just brought up an interesting point that I thought should be brought into discussion elsewhere.

If rank4/5 is supposed to eliminate fall damage, and it isn't, then it's a bug.

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I don't believe Jump (or any of the powers) were fully completed.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

According to this they are supposed to prevent all fall damage with Rank 3 granting a 50% damage reduction.