[INVALID] client error

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Skrassk
Lost One

[INVALID] client error

Post by Skrassk »

It was probably just a blip but when I launched RPmod this morning and connected it was telling me my client was wrong when it wasn't, (0.4.3), I logged into my RPmod account and surprisingly, my account details didn't load on my hud it was still saying I was a guest, I joined the game and it put me in the right room, a simple /rpinfo showed that I was infact logged into my account, all the specs were correct but it hadn't loaded RPmod correctly, this just a simple case of it not launching correctly or an actual bug?

I couldn't set my force powers because of it, it was telling me I was a guest when I wasn't, a relaunch however did solve it but what if it happens again?

:s
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Re: [NEW] client error

Post by Soh Raun »

It seems the game client files didn't load properly... make sure you launch RPMod from one of the shortcuts created by the installer (on your desktop or start menu).

If you still have issues, go in to your GameData\rpmod folder and delete the .dll files there. They should be automatically extracted to the right versions next time you launch the game.
Skrassk
Lost One

Re: [NEW] client error

Post by Skrassk »

Tried that twice and it's done it four times now, I'll try a reinstall.

Edit: Reinstall did nothing in the way of fixing it.

Edit 2: It appears to be a random occurrence, I left it while IG a while then restart RPmod and it worked.