[INVALID] bug report from WOPR-net

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
WOPR}{Joshua

[INVALID] bug report from WOPR-net

Post by WOPR}{Joshua »

Greetings ::JEDI::, I am reporting a possible bug with the login system, it appears the login isnt operational, registering works fine, but it did not pick up my test name, as you see registered now :)

my guess it the new method of account detection isnt making the link with JEDI's RPmod holonet account database
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Re: bug report from WOPR-net

Post by Kieran Orion »

In most cases that I'm aware of, "Hopefuls" or players looking to become members have requested an RpMod account through Pm'ing (Personal Messaging) the Jedi Council right here on the comport. During the hopeful period it's registered as a Guest account but should you stay will later go on to become yours.

My guess with your registering however...And this is only a guess but perhaps it's awaiting admin approval as I don't believe just anyone can go registering up for an Rpmod account.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Soh can correct me if I'm wrong but registering on the forums does not create a RPMod account. You have to request those to the Jedi Council and await their creation.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
WOPR}{Joshua

Post by WOPR}{Joshua »

mmm, from what i seen, it looks like the latest rpmod is setup to make it easier without the requirement of forcing said admin(s) to create an account.

the rpmod register tab takes me to this forum, which is an indiciation of a planned linkage to the site dataabase :)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

That might be the plan but as far as I'm aware it has yet to be implemented. If you want your own account on RPMod, you still need to talk to one of our Councilors.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
WOPR}{Joshua

Post by WOPR}{Joshua »

QSL
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Last I checked the forum registration is completely separate from the RPMod registration. The reason the registration button links you to the forums is because that's the way you can make an account and actually contact others, because even if JEDI is primarily an in-game RP clan, there's a lot of the in-character and out-of-character that happens here on the forums, including members ability to access things.

In terms of making an account on the RPMod servers, you have to contact one of the members of the Council and/or Soh to get that done.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

I'm not entirely sure, but I think he meant the ingame registration which is sort of advertised when you enter the game, with the login screen? It says you can register an account under the login box, but you are linked to a topic I at least can't access, I dunno really.
Do I have to send a message to the secretary droid or one of the councilmembers directly?
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Oops, I hadn't noticed the RPMod registration links redirect to an old page that is no longer publicly available. At the moment, RPMod account creation requests still need to go through the Council, and they are not related to Comport accounts.

You will find relevant information here (this is what the in-game button will redirect you to, now).
WOPR}{Joshua

Post by WOPR}{Joshua »

ah ok, thanks for the information Raun, a proper QSO will be sent once JEDI's current req's are known :)