[Mac] [Steam] Nothing works

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Trent Stargazer

[Mac] [Steam] Nothing works

Post by Trent Stargazer »

Hello, I'm trying to get myself up and running to get JKA running with Rpmod so that I can go onto your servers, here are the current measures I have taken, please advise me if i've made a mistake or if you have any guidance to what could be happening.

+ I've installed JKA.

+ I did not install any patches as the patch links in the install guide are to PowerPC Applications, which are no longer supported by mac. I also read a thread on steam support stating that the Steam version of JKA comes with the patch already installed.

+ I have tried making the file modifications described in the install section to two different folders, one in;
~/users/admin/Library/Application support/Jedi Knight Academy/
and in
~/users/admin/Library/Application support/steam/steamApps/common/jedi knight academy/
Both folders in these sections contain a base folder, I placed the Animation.pkg stated in the installation guide, in both instances into the base folder. I also created an rpmod folder (in both instances) my rpmod folder has these exact files in this exact order; cgame, RPMod-Client-Assets.pk3, RPMod-Client-Effects.pk3, RPMod-Strings.pk3 and ui

+ I set my launch options in steam to +set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI