Internet issues.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Vuul Garen

Internet issues.

Post by Vuul Garen »

I've been having problems whenever I connect to the server, starting today, where I have massive lag to the point where I can't do anything. I'm not sure if it is a problem with my internet, because it drops by two bars, or the server.
Name: Talos Miles Species: Human Homeworld: Taris Born: 337.08
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Internet issues.

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

If a large group of people were in the garden at the time, that will be the cause, the rear and front of the temple are lag centers currently unable to support life..I mean large numbers of people without lagging everyone.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

I doubt it is an internet problem and I certainly doubt it is what you mentioned Evanin, 'cause right now I'm having the same issue.
I'm not having any sorts of lag and my ping is as normal as ever, yet whenever I connect to ANY of the servers, it starts lagging endlessly, and then the server just disappears from my list, showing only the IP. And right now all my servers are gone.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Tried resetting your router/hub or even the PC?
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

I really hoped that would work, mate , but it didn't :(
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Post by Jago Mirax »

I've been noticing you trying to connect Vathius and you've been pinging out every time. If multiple people start experiencing this then its probably a job for Soh.

Everything is fine on my end and I can speak for the others on the server. Just run through the normal procedures like Evanin mentioned - restarting everything etc.

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

http://winmtr.net/how-to/

Go there, and follow the instructions.

The host name you would be entering is temple.jediholo.net:29070. You don't need to worry about all the options, the defaults should work fine for this. Let it run for 5ish minutes then stop the program and export it to a text file. PM the text file to me.

If you click on start after putting in the host name and get an "unable to get raw socket" error, close the program and start it up again with Administrator privileges.

If you two have any questions, my skype is kewl66. Or you can PM. Your choice.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Durindfire
Lost One

Post by Durindfire »

I'm bumping this. Vathius I feel really bad that I see you 999'ing and timing out constantly. Is there not some other method we can try to fix it?
Durindfire | Homeworld: Orax | Species: Shard | Age: 108 Rank: Padawan | Initiated: 338.25 | Year of Consciousness: 238(.12) ABY |
Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

I had it on MBII, I restartedd my router and it worked.

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

I said it more than once, not only me face this problem currenly, I know Claude and Kro are, and I heard Kyrios is as well.
So that makes it five of us since Vuul was the first one to have this issue, and I already messaged Soh and told him about everything.
Also I'd like to Thank Zander and Jerex for their help, although it didn't work, but I still appreciate it.
Thank you too Durind :) I hoped you could help me, but I really tried everything.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Question: have you guys upgraded to Windows 10?
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Aslyn Denethorn wrote:Question: have you guys upgraded to Windows 10?
I was just wondering that very same thing!

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

Nope. :oops:

Edit: I'm actually wondering, how would that make any difference ?
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Windows 10 is currently still quite unstable, and unexpected things can happen -- that's how. Question: are you guys on wireless Internet?

Also, where in the world is the server located, and where are you? This does matter significantly.
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber