Changing resolution on JKA start up

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Changing resolution on JKA start up

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Hey JEDI,

Wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I've encountered. Whenever I start up RPMod (or JKA in general) my resolution changes, rendering the game unplayable and my desktop pretty much unreachable. Upon finally quitting the game, my laptop restores itself to it's normal settings. I've never actually encountered this problem before, so I'm unsure of what to do. Any suggestions? Outside or reinstalling, since I've already done that.

Thank you!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Kira Alde
Exiled

Re: Changing resolution on JKA start up

Post by Kira Alde »

Go to your RPmod folder, find the JAMPConfig file and open it (I recommend Notepad ++) and open the search, type in fullscreen and press enter till you find seta r_fullscreen "1"

Change it to seta r_fullscreen "0"

I also suggest changing seta r_customheight "1024"
seta r_customwidth "1600"
which are listed just above it to whatever your screen is so you can manually set them ingame through options.

Eighteen | New Alderaan | Masterless

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I have yet to try this however the problem isn't that it's going fullscreen rather the screen of my laptop changes it's resolution so I can only see about a 3rd of what's normally displayed. I'll try this in a bit and see if it works though.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yeah, sadly that didn't work. Those values were already in my config.
Isane Fenris
Lost One

Post by Isane Fenris »

This the same laptop you been playing JKA on prior?

Image|age_52|height_1.65|species_dathomirian|mentor_motoko.isawa/aslyn.denethorn/simus.cnydaria|padawan_trin.oniron/vania.starr|

Trin Oniron
Lost One

Post by Trin Oniron »

Have you tried this : seta r_mode "-1" ?

You can do it ingame in addition to the vid_restart command.

◄▌Name : Trin OnironAge : 42Birthdate : 345.19▐►
◄▌Homeplanet : NagiInitiated : 357.21Apprenticed : 358.22▐►
◄▌Mentor : Rehkea'sitra, Isane Fenris, Jerex Sol▐►◄▌Padawan : Kir Darnic▐►

Kira Alde
Exiled

Post by Kira Alde »

One alternative, which I'm afraid means losing everything is to delete the config and starting from scratch, you'll need to replace all your binds though.

Eighteen | New Alderaan | Masterless

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Kira Alde wrote:One alternative, which I'm afraid means losing everything is to delete the config and starting from scratch, you'll need to replace all your binds though.
I obviously want to avoid that as I have sooo much saved in that. I also I'm not sure it's a issue with my config, rather than something on my computer.
Trin Oniron wrote:Have you tried this : seta r_mode "-1" ?

You can do it ingame in addition to the vid_restart command.
Tried that, sadly didn't work.
Isane Fenris wrote:This the same laptop you been playing JKA on prior?
Yes, I've played on it just fine. Which is why I'm so confused.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

So I tried tried deleting my jampconfig, delmi config, etc and I set up everything I wanted, binds, etc, and saved it. Upon starting up JKA again, the same problem happened again. Completely lost :?
Trin Oniron
Lost One

Post by Trin Oniron »

Could be a problem with the graphics driver, did you updated them recently or made any other installation that could mess with it ?

Alt + enter ed it ? Maybe try to have a look at the compatibility modes for the game exe too.

Though could you tell what version of the game you are using (steam, vanilla...) and the operating system ?

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Trin Oniron wrote:Could be a problem with the graphics driver, did you updated them recently or made any other installation that could mess with it ?

Alt + enter ed it ? Maybe try to have a look at the compatibility modes for the game exe too.

Though could you tell what version of the game you are using (steam, vanilla...) and the operating system ?
I haven't updated any drivers, unless they did so without my knowledge or permissions.

Alt + enter it? I've never heard of that. What does it do? I've tried running it in all different compatibilities. It doesn't change anything.

I'm using ISOs, so same thing as Vanilla. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. Keep in mind that I was able to play on this laptop for a while with no issues. So obviously something changed.
Trin Oniron
Lost One

Post by Trin Oniron »

Alt + enter switch between windowed mode and fullscreen on most of windows app. By then you should be able to change your screen resolution.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

It's not that, I'm pretty sure it's something with my laptop's settings rather than the game. Unfortunately, nothing I'm doing is changing it.
Trin Oniron
Lost One

Post by Trin Oniron »

I assume you don't have another monitor pluged in so maybe you could try this : go to Windows control panel, then select display then change the size of text to small or 100 % I'm not sure on Windows 10.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I had some free time so I just reinstalled my OS. That fixed a few problems, including the issue with my JKA. Luckily I didn't really have much on here so it wasn't much of a hassle. Thanks for trying to help though!