Mac support

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Xavier

Mac support

Post by Xavier »

Hey I am a member of TO and would like to know a few things.

Is there a mac version of RPMod in the works? If so, is there an estimated time of release?

Also, I tried downloading the windows non-installer, manually installing the mod. That did not work at all. Is there a list of instructions on how to correctly install this mod on a mac?

I followed the usually gamedata directories but the mod did not work at all

Thanks for any help you can supply
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Doens't work on mac yet.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Soh, in the RELEASE topic wrote:Mac users:
The RPMod Client is not yet available for Mac OS X. For the moment, you may still download the Windows RPMod Client in its ZIP version if you want, plus the Music pack, and place all the PK3s correctly as described previously, to benefit from the new sounds, musics and startup screens. But nothing else. The true Client is NOT available for Mac. When editing your Force Template in game, you must save it after applying it by using the /rpsavetemplate command in the Console.
Like all installation processes, you gotta make sure you read EVERYTHING.
Kishon Sanria

Post by Kishon Sanria »

I am the only mac user actually in ::JEDI:: ((I think)) and I have spoken with Soh about it, and I'm sure we will eventually get things worked out. If there are any other mac users who feel they can be of service in making this happen then please speak up.

There are too few mac users around to demand Soh do this all by himself after he just finished everything for windows users. It just inst fair to him. But we can ask for his guidance, and offer our assitance in any way we can help him.

To sum up: If you're a mac user like me and you want this mod, you should try and help to get it done.
Wesley Ryor
Lost One

Post by Wesley Ryor »

I'll help you solve your MAC Problems.

Help from the crew at RoosterTeeth.
"Great men of action ... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are."
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I think that video just about sums it up.

But yes, the mod is geared towards windows for the time being, seeing as how kishon is the only one in JEDI dumb enough to be using a mac.

It's being worked on, though.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Macs > PC. And I use a PC... one more job and and I'll have my MacBook Pro for work! Course I'll be runnin' WinXP for games.

Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Alkaiser Aruladan:

I did read the topic and that information for running RPMod on Mac doesn't work.

I didn't want to start antoher war between Mac and PC, neither is better, use what you want. I have a mac and thats just that.

I understand your point on Soh doing all this work for the windows version, but I don't know anything about making a mod. If i tired to help I probably would be more of an annoyance. The most I could do is test builds to see if they work.

Anyway, thank you for this information. At least I can look forward to somewhere down the road when this mod is released, and fully supported, on the mac.
Kishon Sanria

Post by Kishon Sanria »

That's fine. I really don't even know what I could do to help, but I'm willing to do whatever is needed. Hopefully soon we'll get this all worked out.