Texture glitches

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Joran Fordo

Texture glitches

Post by Joran Fordo »

Could anybody tell me why I see this every time I'm online?

For background: I have my PC reinstalled last week and I copied everything into the appropriate folders. I reinstalled the map pack 3 times, but tested others and even the BASIC maps are glitching...

I'd appreciate your help! :)
Oberon
Lost One

Re: Texture glitches

Post by Oberon »

Hmmm I think Rian Vun had an error like this a while back.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

If I remember correctly, there was some complications with the old alzoc_mirror fix or whatever it was called and the updated Alzoc map. I'm not sure if that could be causing this problem, but I would look to see if you have that .pk3 just in case.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

While trying to reinstall the whole game, I messed something up. Cannot remove it not even through RegEdit. The situation is now that I removed completly the WHOLE Lucasarts folder, and still does nothing...

-.-
Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

I had this completely irritating issue as well. I discovered it actually, after making an update to my graphics driver, did you do anything involving it lately? Sai also mentioned this could happen if you have 2 copies of the Alzoc 3 Enclave in your gamedata, one in base and the other in rpmod. Either way, I really sympathize with you and hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Sorry to double post, but I thought I should note that a system restore fixed the issue for me. You might invest into that solution! :)

Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Actually I have my whole PC reinstalled lately, including drivers as well. I did everything written here, no effect. :(
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Another possibly cause is the textures of a custom map are conflicting with the textures for Alzoc3_enclave, I'd suggest move any extra maps to a separate folder and leave alzoc3_enclave in either base OR RPmod and make sure you have only one copy of the map, sometimes you can overlook a second copy cos your mind can be elsewhere when looking making a second copy blend in and look like something else.
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

Joran Fordo wrote:While trying to reinstall the whole game, I messed something up. Cannot remove it not even through RegEdit. The situation is now that I removed completly the WHOLE Lucasarts folder, and still does nothing...
Hm, Wait wait, you reinstalled it 'after' reinstalling your pc ( I believe you mean reformating or whatever)

Anyhow, I had that as well. The fact you can't delete it from the registry EVEN IF you deleted the folder.
The thing is, the game stays there, even after deleting the folder, due to the registry keys. Now, bear with me.

I forgot how to delete the game from the registry, (yes yes, with Reg Edit) But I think there was something more than that. Anyhow, if you can't fix it by browsing google about deleting it from the registry, I'll poke my head and send you a pm with what to do. So it will delete it. Or send you a pm with what I did to delete it from there and reinstall the game.

(Again, that's only 'if' its about not being able to delete it from the registry)
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Made a system restore, the game is on, but the glitch still remains! :(

EDIT: This happens in the base folder:
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I never delete folders to be honest, best thing to.do is uninstall and reinstall. make surr you only have one copy of a map in base or rpmod folders, and check for any maps that cause glitches.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Jade Deferri
Lost One

Post by Jade Deferri »

Also when you uninstall the files that were not included in the installations stay. You have to make sure everything is deleted.

Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Dang! I made it!

I found out that JA is not compatible with ATi cards (Radeon HD 3450 I have). Some people reprted game crashes, so I didn't pay attention at first. BUT I tried THIS method and everything's back on track! :D
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Congratulations. We expect to see you on the server in short order, then! ;)
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

I was already there, just in a... frustrated condition! :D

EDIT:

MADE A NEW SKIN PACK TO CELEBRATE THIS OCCASION! XD
(And it won't be deleted! :D )