New JKA server hosting

((Required & Highly Recommended Downloads))

Moderator: Resource Maintainers

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

New JKA server hosting

Post by Soh Raun » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Greetings, JEDI Members and Community.

In an on-going effort to modernize JEDI's JKA server hosting, I will progressively migrate each server to a new machine with upgraded hardware and software stack over the week.

If you are using the servers' hostname (temple.jediholo.net, etc.) or the RPMod Launcher, you have nothing to do; however if you prefer using an IP address directly please note that it will change to 37.187.118.231 (the port part remains the same).

As it was unoccupied at the time, I already migrated the Grounds server to the new hosting. Although you shouldn't notice any difference, there are many changes under the hood (64-bit OS, Docker containers, monitoring, ...) so please let me know if anything doesn't work as usual.

Depending on feedback, I will continue or delay the migration of the Galaxy and Temple servers. Each migration will be announced here prior to the operation.

Thank you,
- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Re: New JKA server hosting

Post by Soh Raun » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello all,

I will proceed with migrating the JEDI Galaxy and Temple servers this Sunday, 379.21 around 0800 GST. Each interruption should only last a couple minutes; if any player is connected at the time I will issue an in-game notification to let them know.

In case of problem or if you need extra time, please let me know by PM or over Discord.

- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:51 am

Hello,

The migration of all JKA servers is now complete. As previously noted, the host names (used by the RPMod Launcher) and ports remain the same, but if you prefer using an IP address note that it has changed to 37.187.118.231.

Please let me know if anything is not working as usual (e.g. account issues, random crashes, lag, etc.) by PM or over Discord.

Thank you,
- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Hello again,

Due to unforeseen issues resulting in userinfo corruption (name, skin, saber, ...), all JKA servers have been rolled back to their original machine for the time being. The Launcher and hostnames should continue to work, in any case the old IP can still be used: 176.31.127.149

Sorry for the inconvenience,
- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello all,

After further investigation, I believe I have found and fixed the issues that prevented the JKA servers migration.

Consequently, I will switch the Grounds server tomorrow to the new hosting, most likely between 1100 and 1200 GST if activity permits. I will keep you informed during the operation, on Discord and in this topic.

Depending on tests and feedback, I will continue with the migration of the Galaxy server on Sunday. Temple will be last, to avoid any disruption of activity.

- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:44 am

Hello,

As planned, the Grounds server has been switched to the new hosting (still at grounds.jediholo.net:29071 or 37.187.118.231:29071).

Please let me know if anything does not work as expected, I will remain available to investigate if necessary.

- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:47 am

Hello all,

The Galaxy server has been migrated as well, since feedback about the Grounds server was positive. If no issue is reported during the day, I will migrate the Temple server tomorrow (Monday).

- Soh.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am

Hello,

The Temple server has been migrated, meaning all of JEDI's JKA servers are now running on the new hosting solution, with much newer technology and - according to early feedback and stats - lower pings.

If you are using IP addresses, please note that the new one is 37.187.118.23. A temporary redirection is in place at the old IP.

I will keep the old server around for some time "just in case", if you encounter any issue with the new one please let me know.

- Soh.