Force sensitive child in Kelsk | 383.22 ABY

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Drax
Lost One

Force sensitive child in Kelsk | 383.22 ABY

Post by Drax »

Eyes everywhere
Name: Drax
Date(s): 383.22 ABY
Members of the Jedi Order present: Drax
Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: Sector
  • The spaceport of the Kelsk settlement has been remotely detonated, with several lives lost and major damage done to it, resulting in the spaceport going up in flames.
  • Several Trandoshan mercenaries spotted firing their weapons at a Jedi

Jedi Council Clearance
Information available to Council+ and mission attendees.
  • The mercenaries involved were highly trained professionals, trained in Teras Kasi
  • After attempting to interrogate the Trandoshan that followed me, he wouldn't give any information on his employers
Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential:
Confirmed: viewtopic.php?f=207&t=14077
Without a doubt this event was related to similar disappearances of force-sensitive children in the galaxy.
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

Drax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:46 pm Date: 383.14 ABY
Subject: Discreet pick-up
Entry restricted: Clearance level - Jedi Council

The smuggling was successful, I've arrived at the small settlement of Kelsk and located the child in question. I'm currently staying with the child Leria and her mother Ulora inside their residence on the outskirts of the small settlement. Ulora was very suspicious of me at first, for good reason - but I managed to gain her trust and have been keeping an eye on the two of them.

Master Atreus was right, they were targeted just days before my arrival by a group of Trandoshans while they were outside of the settlement on their speeder. The group attacked them, damaging their speeder as they flew, her husband staying behind to give them time to escape - since it's been several days from this attack and they still haven't heard from him, I fear he is lost.

Before being informed of this by Ulora, I thoroughly searched their residence for any surveillance devices that might've been placed while they were absent - and found none. Afterwards, I followed discreetly behind them as they went to purchase parts from the local merchant in order to fix their speeder, which will come handy if we need to make a run for it in the next few days.

While waiting outside the merchant's shop and keeping an eye on the entrance, something extremely strange occured. Something I've never experienced before, I felt something call out to me, from an unknown origin, and time seemed to slow down around me, while I retained my senses. I noticed a peculiar Trandoshan walking by, pausing for a moment to look at me before continuing on his path and entering the bar next to the shop. I immediately informed Ulora of this, and kept watch on the pair as they did repairs on the speeder - the remaining time spent was thankfully uneventful.

I am typing out this report as the two are sleeping, while I wanted to remain awake and alert in case something happens. This concludes the important happenings for today, I will try to use the three days I have left here in order to ensure the safety of mother and child, but also attempt to gather intelligence on the culprits and the find the reason for these kidnappings.

May the Force be with us all.
The next few days were relatively calm, Ulora and Leria mostly stayed inside the residence, Ulora only going out briefly to do mundane tasks. At the beginning of the fourth day, right when we were supposed to be smuggled out, I was woken by a large explosion. Quickly finding my bearings, I noticed Ulora was nowhere to be found. Stepping out with Leria, I noticed large flames in the area above the spaceport. Immediately, two Trandoshan mercenaries emerged on the rooftop above and launched a barrage in our direction. Stepping infront of Leria, I managed to deflect it entirely and even sent two bolts back to either one, incapacitating them.

We swiftly boarded the speeder, and drove off into the desert, trying to lose the others. After two days of walking in the sandstorm, we came across a small, seemingly abandoned settlement. Which is where I felt the presence of the mercenary the followed us, along with the sound of his speeder. Taking cover in a nearby cave, I instructed the child to hide while I waited in ambush for the mercenary. With telekinesis, I formed a ball of sand and hid it behind a metal pillar, whilst I took cover along a nearby wall. As the Trandoshan stepped inside, I hurled the ball towards his eyes, effectively blinding him, and while he was flailing about I launched myself at him, disarming him and severing his weapon-arm. He fell down, moaning in pain while I disarmed him of his secondary weapon and destroyed his comm-link, before activating the beacon given to me by Master Atreus, and the child and mercenary promptly being picked up by a shuttle, while I remained behind to search for the child's mother. Luckily she was evacuated after the explosions occured, and I arranged an apartment for her in Kenzie, where she will be staying for the forseeable future.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • Start issuing missions only to the most trusted Knights and Masters of the Order, to conduct more of these pickups in order to prevent more kidnappings from taking place.
  • Relay information about force sensitive children only in person or via heavily encrypted channels.
Council Missions Office

Re: Force sensitive child in Kelsk | 383.22 ABY

Post by Council Missions Office »

Master Drax,

The Following actions have taken place:
  • The High Council have taken in your request of highly encrypted channels. Artisans on Dantooine are working on updating all inter-branch with new communication software externally.
  • The Mission Office will look to deploy more Knights and Masters on missions though are stretched thin on Numbers. Padawan of required skills will also be sent out on missions.