The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Name: Joran Fayara
Rank: Jedi Knight
Members of the Jedi Order present: Joran Fayara, Tanet'k (Cato) Rethin, Cecilio Ventus
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: Interview: Galaxy-wide, Encounter: Private (Isolated)
- Myself, Padawan Rethin and Ventus were invited by Dantooine Councillor Iffo Rav'i to represent the Order on the talk-show Yuas and Ono, gathering a rough viewership of 3.1 Billion on average. It is currently unknown how many were viewing this particular show, but estimated 10+ Billion by my guess.
- The Interview began with a fish-tasting segment, which was rather nice. Then, an informal section where Padawans Rethin and Ventus were ogled over by a selection of the Galaxy's persistent fan-girls.
- Towards the end of the Interview, I spoke with Yuas and Ono in a more sombre tone about the kidnappings, and was confronted by an angry mother by the name of Lyani Bowing, who I attempted to console as best I could, for she had lost her child on Ord Mantell over three years ago. I now have her personal comm, and will put myself more directly into the service of the investigation as I promised her.
Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
- While I was being interviewed, Padawans Rethin and Ventus were told that an informant was willing to provide information to us privately after the show. So, we deactivated the equipment, waited. And waited. And waited. Eventually, the man came to us.
He told us that he had been offered work to kidnap children, much in the same way many others had and have been. As he was about to reveal more detail to us, we were equally overcome with a sensation of dread. The Force was closed to us, and we had become encapsulated in motionless stasis.
Soon after, a figure emerged.
Local Coruscant Security was more than happy to provide a surveillance video of him entering and leaving the building, but little more than that. He talked about the Jedi, and the Sith, and appeared to imply something 'in the middle.' Called us 'dramatic'. A "holovid", where "we win some, and he wins other episodes". A dance. He spoke about our struggle much as if it were a game. I wouldn't describe him as a Dark Jedi, but it is clear in uncertain terms that he is the one behind the child kidnapping.
What I felt was the anti-Force. It repelled us. Master Xayr'ka described it as the 'Void', an alien presence in the Force that occupies much the same energy, but feels very different to us Jedi. During this monologue, I did my best to break out of this stasis, to no avail.
First and foremost, I have never experienced in my life a being so powerful. The fact that we did not die suggests that the individual has ulterior motives than the destruction of our Order, which only makes the case more curious. We were entirely at the mercy of this individual.
From reading through other mission logs, it may be the case that this was the same individual that Vania met.
Knight + Council Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
- I will await the reply from Tanet and Cecilio, but Cecilio and the informant were 'knocked out' and placed into a stasis void / bubble, far stronger than I or Tanet felt. I was distraught and attempted to break Cecilio out of this bubble initially, but he was in much the same way that Master Atreus was on his own encounter with 'the Void.' What was required of him was to "break his own way out", as Master Yyn Zet Ari put. Unfortunately, the informant is in a position to be determined, and it is unclear as to whether or not he or his information can be saved.
- Cecilio mentioned hearing the word 'Axxass' upon his descent into the darkness, which currently means nothing to us.
Confirmed: Vania's Mission and other child-related kidnappings.
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above
In my opinion we should commit our branch more fully to the investigation of the children missing. I can only guess that this is a part of a larger ploy, perhaps by the Sith, or something akin to it. As it stands, we are building a base of reference to understand the 'Void' which Master Atreus labelled, but as said, there is very little to work from.
I don't really know what to recommend. This is outside of my frame of reference. I am not a mastermind of the Force, nor do I understand the complexities of the energies which bind us together. I'm a Diplomat and I fly ships. Fundamentally, I'd suggest we focus on our training. Without a doubt, we will hear from this individual again - and we must be better prepared. I could not contend with the raw power of the Unknown Man, but perhaps our more capable Knights and Masters would be able to.
I cannot quite understate how paralysed we were, entirely at the man's mercy. It is in all of our interests to be better prepared for the next encounter.