Mission Report: The Loss of Rannon

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

The Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Mission Report: The Loss of Rannon

Post by The Jedi Council »

Residents, some time has passed to allow us to reflect on the events that led us to leave Rannon for the time being.

If possible, can residents please detail in bullet points their individual recollection of events.

Kind Regards
The Jedi Council

(( No need for a vast amount of detail, a handful of bullet points will suffice ))

The Jedi Council of Duneeden

Serbithar Muunen
Lost One

Re: Mission Report: The Loss of Rannon

Post by Serbithar Muunen »

• I was at the simulator doing maintenance work with Padawan Caerith Lhot. This is when the storms started to get stronger, causing a series of power outages
  • Once we managed to get out of the simulator, we proceeded to the hangar
  • To manually override the lockdown, we successfully climbed the outer walls of the hangar. During this task I was injured by one of the void creatures.
  • During the remaining time of the evacuation, I was aboard the Yavin Runner II, receiving first aid
Daegon Evera
Lost One

Post by Daegon Evera »

• I was outside with Lystra and Silene when the storms started brewing, we found we couldn't enter and were stuck outside in the rain until we heard a large beast, an acklay climb over. It looked pretty crazy, like it'd lost its mind... I could only hear us seeing it appeared to be blind... I drew it away towards me to alloy Lystra and Silene to get away to better safety. I slashed at it with my lightsaber and left enough of a wound that it shrieked and ran away. Thankfully..
  • Afterwards we met up with Tharon in the Hangar Basement. The lift was jamming up so we had assistance getting up with the Force, working as a team
  • During everything else I was helping to prep the Yavin Runner II and working on getting the hangar doors open and keeping everyone calm.
Joar Hasmal
Lost One

Post by Joar Hasmal »

• I was inside one of the sparring rooms in the hallway going to the arena with Tey and Kiara when the power went out.
  • The hologrid malfunctioned and started creating holos too powerful for us to fight on our own, but we managed to dodge long enough for the hologridto die out again and the grid keeping us in those rooms to open.
  • Our bodies froze up once we escaped, then we heard the news.
  • We went back to the hangar. Kiara and me stayed there, and then in the shuttle, until we escaped the temple.
| Born: 379.?? | Initiated: 385.25 | Apprenticed to Master Fenn Rahm: 388.22 |
Tycho Varga
Lost One

Post by Tycho Varga »

• I was in the medbay with Nara, looking over an injury she had received prior to the incident.
  • We became trapped within the medbay when the power went out, stood around chatting while waiting for rescue
  • During one of the shakes, a light broke above Nara and I applied bacta. All the bacta within the room turned into a black, stone-like substance that the void dwelled in. It tried to consume Nara, but I was able to cut it out.
  • I carried her off to the shuttle, and proceeded to throw out the bacta there just in case as well as provide aid to those on the shuttle.

Tycho Varga
Human from Corellia

-~-~-~-~-~-=[Ranks]=-~-~-~-~-~-
Padawan
Aspirant Artisan
Healer Trainee

-~-~-~-~-~-=[Brief]=-~-~-~-~-~-

Born 364.20 (25)
Initiated on Ossus
Transfered to Rannon on 369.29
Padawan to Iffo Rav'i on 372.07, Masterless on 377.30
Padawan to Teynara Jeralyr on 378.14, Masterless on 381.20

Marek Izu
Lost One

Post by Marek Izu »

• Master Nulla Zil, Emma, and I were in the Archives when the power went out. The doors locked us inside. The power flickered as we waited patiently until we began getting attack by some small creatures.
  • Emergency power allowed me to download the Archives bulk data onto a stack. Afterward, I deleted the data in the Archives. The vault doors have their emergency locks on as well.
  • Outside the Archives we began fighting back against the Void and their images of us. Emma was forced back into the Archives with an unknown man. After a short time fighting, they stopped, and let Emma walk peacefully.
  • After making our way back to the ship, Master Yyn requested one last fight with the Void. Before volunteering, I handed the data stack to Master Freestar for safe keeping. I was of the few that went back and fought before losing Lystra in our escape.
Shu Ra
Lost One

Post by Shu Ra »

• The power went out in the archives and I heard Master Zil, Padawan Vilume and Padawan Izu were on the main floor.
  • There was a lot of chatter on the communication network about being under attack and a lockdown, I remained on the second floor, sitting front of the Vault door in hopes of protecting it.
  • When the lights returned Master Zil suggested we leave, as soon as the doors opened we were met with our attackers.
  • I chased one of them to the vault where I attempted to thwart his advance however the apparent mastermind behind this attack, gripped me with the force. I felt my entire body being slowly squeezed, my muscles strained.
  • He presented an ultimatum, leave or die. I lingered attempting to break free but the more I struggled the more his grip tightened around me. I knew this foe was beyond me and so I conceded in hopes of turning the tide on him after regrouping with the others.
  • I made my way to the shuttle without opposition from the creatures, after which Master Jeralyr strapped me to the chair and proclaimed that I was in no shape to join the offensive force.
Xintr Wolfe
Lost One

Post by Xintr Wolfe »

• I was in the sleeping room area with Serir and Nidus when the storm got bad and the power went out. We were locked in there.
  • All I could do was try to sense anything around us in the dark and stay on the comm to let others know what was happeneing.
  • After a monster attacked us and Nidus and Serir fought it the doors opened again.
  • I went to the hanger and waited in the shuttle.
  • When Master Narael came to the shuttle she was hurt and couldn't talk. I focused all I could and used my fear to push my senses until I could feel her life flame and I tried to protect it and build it up until I must have fallen asleep from the effort.
\\ Name: Xintr Wolfe || Born: 383 || Arrived: 389.30 || Initiated: 390.10 //
..\\ Apprenticed: 391.25 || Mentor: Narael Undine || Knighted: 406.27 //
....\\ Padawan: Zyli Hiden //
......\\ Artisan: Master Artisan || Aces: Flight Leader || Diplomacy: Envoy //
........\\ Skin: Skin //
Emma Vilume
Jedi Knight

Post by Emma Vilume »

• I was in the Archives with Marek, Master Zil and Master Ra when the power went out and the doors locked. There were some strange creatures that came from nowhere, like the one that bit Syriss that one time.
  • We escaped to near the history stacks. Then they came. The one that Joar calls the Unknown Man, someone else in orange clothes, I think, and then these people or things that were like holes in the air. Shaped like us. I think someone called them voidlings?
  • Suddenly everything happened very quickly and there was a fight. I tried to escape with the others, but I was pushed back inside by something. Then this voidling started fighting me, but it was more like a spar. Like it did not try to kill me.
  • Suddenly it stopped and left and I heard Master Ra upstairs. So I went up. He was talking to someone or something, and I decided that I could not help him, if he was about to get into a fight and I would be more useful, if I could get outside and get help. But on my way down they caught me and took me outside.
  • When we got outside the Archives, Marek and Master Zil were there, and the attackers gave me over to them. Then we made it down to the shuttle.
Name: Emma Arianne Inara Vilume ⚘ Birth date: 378.07 ABY ⚘ Initiated: 384.01 ABY ⚘ Apprenticed to Xayr'ka Atreus: 387.09 ⚘ Apprenticed to Caerith Lhot: 408.05 ⚘ Knighted: 416.19
Serir Vun
Lost One

Post by Serir Vun »

• I was in the dorms when the attack happened. Xintr and Nidus were with me.
    We were mostly safe for the beginning of the attack.
  • I am then sensing the conflict with Master Fayara while we are all being frozen still. We are unable to move until after his confrontation is ending.
  • I am seeing the apparition of Master Fayara, which is then transforming into the beast, which is stabbing me with its claws in the shoulder. Nidus is dispatching it with his lightsaber as I am distracting it as the Duros bait.
  • We are making our way out to the ship together at last.
  • I am being treated for my wounds upon the ship by Caerith.
  • While on the ship I am remembering the article that is talking about the safety tunnel through the storm and am realizing we are needing passage in order to get out.
  • Remembering that Master Fenn is using the council chambers and that there are long range communicators there I am informing Masters Rhuacca, Tey and Tharon of this knowledge.
  • Master Tharon and I are heading to the council chambers to using the long range comms.
  • The body of Master Fayara is there. From wounds upon his body there are creatures of some kind pouring out and attacking us. We are killing them and Master Tharon is defending me while I am contacting Rannon Flight Control.
  • Flight control is insisting that we are waiting three hours and I am successfully convincing them that we must leaving immediately, and they are giving us the ten minute window.
  • I am then exiting with Master Tharon after paying respects to Master Fayara, and meeting up with Master Fenn. We are passing the man who is orchestrating the attack but he is not attacking us. We are deciding to avoiding him.
  • I am boarding the ship and that ends my involvement.
⌠ Name: Serir Vun • Species: Duros • Master: Joran Fayara | Iffo Rav'i • Knighted: 410.26 • Birth: 374.14 ABY ⌡
Silene
Lost One

Post by Silene »

• I was training in the garden when the lightning hit the temple and everything went off. I then met Daegon and Lystra. We tried to move back to the temple but the door was stuck then a giant acklay appeared. It tried to eat us but Lystra protected me while Daegon was trying to make a distraction. Me and Lystra jumped into the water and she helped me to get out of the pond by carrying me on her shoulders and the acklay ran away.
  • We managed to enter through the hangar door and met Tharon and Kir. We then went all frozen in place, it was hurting. I heard it was because of the void but when Tribo used it on me to play hide and seek it wasn't painful like that.
  • I was then asked to move inside the shutt'e and I did my best to remain still and not scare the others.

◄▌Name : Silene Astra-OnironBirthdate : 382.28▐►
◄▌Homeplanet : MorganiaInitiated : 390.01Mentor : Shu Ra, Tharon Jivler▐►

Nulla Zil
Lost One

Post by Nulla Zil »

• Around the time of the storm happening I was with a party of Master Ra, Padawan Izu, and Padawan Vilume.
  • The storm seemed far beyond regular, even beyond the standards of unnatural typhoons it seemed guided as if through something else.. It not only shut down power, but mysteriously locked off all exits from the Archives trapping us inside.
  • After moments of what felt near hours, we were assaulted by creatures sprouting from the vents, and afterwards two individuals followed by shadowy-figures that took to the appearance of those of my current group.
  • A battle ensued with said persons as they were after our artifacts and relics within the vault. I however surrendered it to them for the sake of the children. As pained as I was doing so, I wasn't going to let any student die under my watch. Yet I feel I have done a great dis-service to the Jedi by not putting my life on the line after the children were safe and sound.

|Name: Nulla Zil||Age: 29||Birthdate:369.08 ABY|
|Homeplanet: Quarzite|
|Initiated:379.02 ABY ||Padawaned:379.20 ABY||Knighted:388.28 ABY|
|Padawan: Nicole Inaru, Daegon Evera|

Kir
Lost One

Post by Kir »

* I was working on the shuttle when the lightning struck the temple.
* Tharon was present with me during the power outage
* Any attempt at opening the doors failed as far as I remember
* I made the decision to prepare the shuttle for evacuation before evacuation was declared, this took the majority of my time
* All attempts of emergency messages or Kenzie Space Control failed
* Several younger students managed to gain entrance through the hangar
* Caerith, Serbithar and I made our way outside to manually open the hangar gates once the evacuation was declared
* We were attacked outside by creatures that looked as black as space
* Serbithar was bitten by one of the creatures in his foot
* We successfully opened the hangar doors
* Caerith fell down
* We gathered inside the shuttle
* We departed after a failed counter-attack with the lost of Lystra
* I remained in the cockpit until we touched down at Bacrana
Teynara Jeralyr
Lost One

Post by Teynara Jeralyr »

• In the training wing with Joar and Kiara, we found ourselves trapped when the power went out. The two of them were both inside the hologram training units, and were attacked by a sequence of holograms, presumably a consequence of the grid going down.
  • I myself was attacked by what I can only think of as a 'Shadow Entity', which was extremely resistant to lightsaber-attacks, but ultimately disappeared after we had fought for some time. Shortly after this, the forcefields separating me from the students came down, and we were able to group up.
  • Proceeded to evacuate the students to the shuttle in the hangar bay, and swept through the Enclave to pick up any remaining students in order to get them aboard.
  • Joined Master Yyn, Rhuacca and the others to form a strike team to deal with the intruder present in the Enclave. They revealed the extent of the corruption around the Nexus, and summoned several dopplegangers that then attacked us. We fought while Master Yyn worked to protect the Nexus, and ultimately got her out when she collapsed into a coma. Thereafter joined the others in evacuating the Enclave.
Aranna Vaan
Jedi Knight

Post by Aranna Vaan »

Rannon Mission Report
  • I was in the Cantina with Master Rhuacca and another master. We were talking about every day stuff when the lightning struck the top of the temple, knocking the power out. We took up emergency coms and after checking in with everyone, the reports of monsters in the courtyard and other areas started coming through. The situation quickly descended into a combat zone, but our access to other areas in the temple were blocked by sealed doors, similar to the event which transpired with myself and other padawans in the hangar bay not long ago.
  • We started gauging our surroundings. Knowing we were probably the only jedi with access to provisions, I loaded up as many as I could carry, and gave more to Master Rhuacca, in order to have something for when we rejoined with the others in case we had a long journey during our evacuation.
    After I brought the rations to Master Rhuacca, a figure was spotted in the cantina proper, we had moved into the storage room. We went to investigate and that is when the Greenhouse erupted into a conflagration. The flames from the greenhouse exploded through the door and quickly spread into the cantina proper, and in the middle of them was a dark figure of a mysterious man. I assume he is the one responsible for the attack.
  • He taunted us as the flames pinned us to the cantina door, which was still inoperable. I retorted back, trying to appeal to the man’s apparent sense of superiority with the goal that he’d make the flames subside in order to take us on in lightsaber combat, where we stood a better chance, rather than being burned to death.
  • As quickly as he arrived, he disappeared, taking the flames with him. I’m still unsure as to why he did not kill us when he had us pinned down. Perhaps he wanted to create fear and intimidation. I know his goal was the nexus and not us Jedi specifically, but I do not see what purpose his antics in the cantina served.
  • We got through the supply room door to the hangar and rejoined with the other padawans and masters. I was directed to stay on board the shuttle while Master Rhuacca, Master Tey, Marek, Master Yyn, and others went to take the fight to the enemy. I followed orders, stayed on the shuttle, and provided rations and what emotional support I could to the younger padawans who were still in shock from their experiences.
  • We departed the system at that point, and began the process of coordinating the flotilla.
End of log.

Name: Aranna Vaan Birthday: 369.01 Age: 66
Initiation: 376.17 Apprenticed: 382.24 Knighted: 400.30