Mission Report: Counterfeit Crystal Investigation (396.05)

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Joar Hasmal
Lost One

Mission Report: Counterfeit Crystal Investigation (396.05)

Post by Joar Hasmal »

Overview/Mission Name
Name: Joar Hasmal
Date(s): 396.05
Members of the Jedi Order present: Padawan Learner
Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: Planet
  • The ASF requested help from the Jedi Order to consult with an investigation after two bombings killed several people.

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • An ASF officer named Gandal Varuk brought a crystal to the praxeum. He found it in an investigation. Apparently, the crystal was synthesized, and very flawed. After doing a little investigating of our own, we discovered that the crystals were not being sold by themselves, but encased in counterfeit lightsabers to be sold at deals between gangs. Because of the inferiority of the crystal, the lightsaber ends up "backfiring", and causing a giant explosion. We think this is the cause behind the two "bombings" in the capital city.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • One or more gangs in the city are being supplied with counterfeit lightsabers to sell, but we have no clue where the supplies are coming from, or however the person making the sabers are able to synthesize crystals on their own.

Jedi Council Clearance
Information available to Council+ and mission attendees.
  • Marek's psychometry came in handy. He touched a shard of a crystal found at one of the bombing sites, and had a vision of someone, potentially the person making the sabers. According to Marek, the person said that there would be no way that they would be knighted after doing something. A vision isn't concrete, but it leads me to think that a Jedi has some hand in all of this.
Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential:
Confirmed: We ran into a reporter who previously snuck into the temple for footage. She had been tailing us and recording everything we were doing.
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion, we have to work quickly to prevent another explosion. Relations between the different gangs are already getting shaky. If things heat up, there could be war.

It's disturbing me that an ex-Jedi could be behind this. My guess is that he's either using his knowledge of lightsabers to try and make some money, or he's deliberately making faulty lightsabers that explode in an attempt to kill contraband dealers, like some sort of vigilante justice. Either way, more investigating is needed.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • Perform an in-depth investigation of illegal spice and weapon trade in the city. If we can trace the supply line back to the source, we might be able to figure out where the counterfeit lightsabers are coming from.
  • Find some way to calm the gangs down and prevent them from coming to blows.
  • Investigate any padawans that recently departed from this branch or nearby outposts. They would have to be a senior padawan, since lightaber construction is an advanced subject that takes years to learn.
  • Find some way to get that reporter to stop stalking Marek and I in the future.
| Born: 379.?? | Initiated: 385.25 | Apprenticed to Master Fenn Rahm: 388.22 |