Search and Rescue (399.02)

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Joar Hasmal
Lost One

Search and Rescue (399.02)

Post by Joar Hasmal »

Overview/Mission Name
Name: Joar Hasmal
Date(s): 399.02
Members of the Jedi Order present: Myself, Master Fenn Rahm
Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • My master and I left the praxeum on 399.02 on a search and rescue mission.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • I had a dream one night of Padawan Learner Silene Astra-Oniron lying facedown in the snow. I reported this to my master, and after confirming with the hangar logs that she had not left the planet, we searched the surrounding tundra for her, using information provided by the security department as a start. It took a lot of time, effort, and working with some Talz, but I managed to pick up her trail again, which leads south through a canyon located about 300 kilometers west of the praxeum, though the region could be very dangerous at the moment due to the presence of a militant tribe of Talz being lead by a Warlord named "Metal-Eye".
  • Metal-Eye is conquering and assimilating tribes into his own to create a large army. The Talz group I helped was one of the smaller tribes he was on the verge of wiping out. Metal-Eye's warriors have somehow gotten ahold of blaster weaponry and have been using them to get an edge over their enemies in battle. I'm unsure where exactly these blasters came from, but on one of their weapon caches, I found an emblem I had never seen before. I took an image of it using my datapad. My master is currently investigating it.

Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential: Disappearance of Silene Astra-Oniron.
Confirmed:
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

Much of what I found out was given to me by a shaman, who relayed more information to me in the form of some sort of fable. I understand that this isn't the most pragmatic or straightforward source of info, but we as Jedi have never been the type to ignore prophecies or premonitions before. I think this shaman might have been Force-sensitive, but unfortunately, it's very likely that he died when Metal-Eyes' tribesmen attacked his camp. Acquiring this information meant helping the shaman's tribe, the Blackpaws, sabotage their attackers and buy enough time to escape, so I had to intervene in an ongoing conflict as a Jedi, both in the interest of saving innocent life and finding out more about a missing Jedi.

A speeder was also lost in the process and cannot be recovered. However, given my encounter with the shaman and everything I had learned as a result of my speeder inadvertently crashing, I believe the speeder crashed because the Force willed it to, and it's not my fault that Ashla wanted me to crash.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • Put an end to Metal-Eye's warband before more innocent Talz are harmed.
  • Investigate the origins of Metal-Eye's blaster weaponry.
  • Investigate the emblem discovered on the weapons cache.
  • Search the canyon trail for any trace of Master Ra or Master Astra-Oniron.
| Born: 379.?? | Initiated: 385.25 | Apprenticed to Master Fenn Rahm: 388.22 |