Coruscant Investigation (399.14)

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Aranna Vaan
Jedi Knight

Coruscant Investigation (399.14)

Post by Aranna Vaan »

Overview/Mission Name Coruscant Investigation
Name: Aranna Vaan
Date(s): 399.14
Members of the Jedi Order present: Aranna Vaan
Public Information None
Publicly Available Information on the events None
Level of Exposure: None

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • Padawan Vaan was performing an investigation into a possible crime form a Republic Senator in a warehouse on Coruscant.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • After the death of one of Senator Treychar's subordinates via lightsaber, Padawan Vaan, under the recommendation of Knight Rhuacca, took the initiative on her own investigation into Treychar's dealings.

Jedi Council Clearance
Information available to Council+ and mission attendees.
  • With the Assistance of Senator Breedu Ghoraio, of Rodia, Padawan Vaan uncovered that Senator Treychar enjoys collecting rare gemstones mined from areas of the galaxy where crimes-against-sentients are often reported.
  • Following this lead, Padawan Vaan moved to investigate a warehouse known to be used by Senator Treychar. Padawan Vaan uncovered an unmarked crate filled with unspecified materials with no manifest destination. Padawan Vaan planted a tracker and escaped from the facility.
Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential: Possible links between Treychar and species right's violations on mining worlds and asteroids.
Confirmed: Senator Treychar has made overt, implicit threats towards Padawan Vaan personally due to her involvement with a previous murder in which his, now late, subordinate was a prime suspect.
Summary and Actions
I went back to that warehouse, now nice and full of crates again, to follow a lead that Senator Vreedu Ghoraio had given me the other day saying that Treychar has a love for rare gemstones. Ghoraio stated he gets all of his gemstones from hotspots for specie’s rights violations like kessel and other mines that are loose on the rules. I figured that if I could get my hands on some manifests of these gem shipments that would tie them back to Treychar, then I’d have some leverage that I could submit to the proper authorities, maybe the Senate Judiciary committee or investigative committee.

I found a way in after a whole heck-of-a-lot of scouting, by dropping down and swinging off some ropes from an upper level. I think my ankle’s going to be tender for a few days here after a not-so-elegant landing, but, I got in undetected. Needless to say, it didn’t stay that way, but I think I did better than I rightfully should have.

I got all of the manifests downloaded to a memory chip and the database stated there was a crate with undisclosed contents. So, naturally, I set to finding it in order to plant a tracker on the inside so I could get a better appreciation for what it was hiding. In that search, though, I got busted by one of the guards. I knocked him out, but just after he’d raised the alarm which did nothing to help my circumstances.

As the guards were all rushing down into the area I eluded them as best I could, alarms going off all over the place… Criminals sure are dramatic when in a tizzy. I finally did find the questionable crate and set my comlink to trace mode, popped it inside, and made my way out.

An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion..

I need to continue my investigations and uncover concrete evidence that connects Treychar to these violations, turning the evidence in to the senate oversight committee to review and possibly impeach him from his position in the Senate.

My recommendations are as follows...
NA

Name: Aranna Vaan Birthday: 369.01 Age: 66
Initiation: 376.17 Apprenticed: 382.24 Knighted: 400.30