418.16 l Second Battle of Vohai

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Tiber Reman
Lost One

418.16 l Second Battle of Vohai

Post by Tiber Reman »

The Second Battle of Vohai
Name: Tiber Reman
Date(s): 418.16 ABY
Members of the Jedi Order present: Jedi Knights Mirkal, Rhuacca, and Tiber Reman
Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: Galaxy - planetary control shift
  • Coalition Forces alongside Republic Defense Forces mounted an assault on Vohai to break the Wyld's control of the planet. The Jedi Order supplemented assault forces with a small group of Jedi that assisted in the assault on the planet.
  • Republic marines landed outside of the city of Narik'Chi after anti-aircraft turrets were disabled by a vanguard force. A short skirmish took place before the coalition forces rallied and made a push towards Sensyo Station, the capital of Vohai. Urban warfare took place on the streets of the capital as coalition forces fought from district to district, taking control of the city. At some point during the fighting, the Wyld forces on Vohai were commanded to retreat off-planet and subsequently mounted a mass and desperate offensive against coalition forces, before the fall of the planet. The Wyld ranking officer, the governor of Vohai, was killed in the fighting.
  • Vohai has changed hands from Wyld space to coalition hands, with both sides sustaining significant casualties, though the battle was a decisive coalition force victory.

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • Jedi Knight Mirkal served in the space battle overhead Vohai in breaking the Wyld fleet's aerial superiority. Jedi Knights Rhuacca and Tiber Reman were ground combatants, serving as the infiltrators that destroyed the anti-aircraft turrets outside of Narik'Chi. Jedi Knights Rhuacca and Tiber Reman pushed forward with coalition forces and fought alongside them to gain ground superiority inside of Sensyo Station. Jedi Knight Mirkal led the rear guard and oversaw the remnants of the fighting for the main force after the initial assault secured the landing zone and subsequently Sensyo Station.
  • Jedi Knights Rhuacca and Tiber Reman departed from the main coalition body and infiltrated the governor's estate in Sensyo Station, neutralizing combatants until they engaged with the governor of Vohai. The Jedi overcame the governor and successfully convinced him to pull Wyld forces out of Vohai, leading to the mass retreat and sudden offensive, cementing coalition control over Vohai.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • The Wyld presence and casualties inside of the governor's estate were high. The Wyld forces were employing jump packs, flechette rifles, and were versed in the use of vibroblades. Coalition forces also encountered an AT-ST when assaulting Sensyo station. The large Wyld presence with high-end equipment suggests that their military is well-funded. The use of jump packs and vibroblades suggests that the Wyld military is extensively trained and may possess special forces assets.
  • Even upon being defeated, Wyld soldiers refused to lay down their arms, preferring a warrior's death. This mentality suggests that their culture and society are warlike, and if a civilian population exists, they are likely ingratiated to the ideas of strength, power, and a death or dishonor ideology. When one Wyld user had their arm amputated by a lightsaber strike, Jedi Knight Tiber Reman dropped a tourniquet and combat gauze at their feet. The soldier refused, screaming he must receive a warrior's death, and crawled his way towards the conflict, which had moved rooms. Upon no attention from the Jedi, the soldier shot himself with his blaster.
  • After the governor had been subdued and convinced to order a retreat, he attempted a pitiful attack that he likely knew would fail. In such a phrase, the Wyld governor committed suicide by Jedi, as Jedi Knight Tiber Reman dealt a fatal blow in response to the attack. This further emphasizes the death or dishonor culture that Wyld society seems to hold.

Jedi Council Clearance
Information available to Council+ and mission attendees.
  • While the cloud surrounding the governor was notably dark, I do not believe that the governor possessed a strong affinity for the Force. I could similarly say they may not have been well-trained. They utilized a pair of dual vibroblades as opposed to lightsabers. I mention this, as if the Wyld war leadership gave control of this planet to a mildly trained practitioner, they are likely lacking extensive Force capabilities or Force-trained users. This is pure conjecture, though we have little intelligence regarding the number of their Force-sensitive users.
  • Upon confronting the governor, he made it clear that at the bottom level of the building there was a group of prisoners. These prisoners were in a room that had vents filled with poison, with the controls at the governor's wrist. Upon initial hesitation to fight and trying to talk him down, the governor activated the switch. Upon subduing the governor, he eventually turned the toxins off, leaving the prisoners battered but alive.
  • Curiously, the mentality of strength over anyone equated to respect. I found out more about this ideology as I spoke with the governor during our confrontation. The governor consistently referred to Rhuacca and me as Wyld or Wylding, as though giving in to our urge to fight him was at the core of their culture and what makes them, them. When I was convincing the governor to turn off the toxins, I frequently made mention that power over the powerless is not any power at all, merely the poor imitation of strength. I also made clear the difference between fear and respect, noting that they are not interchangeable. A significant portion of the governor's rhetoric was based on dominating with respect and quickly. Once I started to break down some of his ideologies, I could feel the shift in his own understanding. He admitted that he has nothing outside of the Wyld Empire and it's all he knows. While he released the prisoners and ordered the retreat, I believe this was only possible after this intense dialogue forced him to confront the reality of his ideologies. This is exceptionally important in dealing with future Wyld leadership.
Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential: None.
Confirmed: The mission brief prior to execution. The campaign record to this point.
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion, the second battle for Vohai, while a decisive and critical victory for coalition forces, can serve as a significant case study in understanding the Wyld's behaviors. If we make a conscious effort to document our interactions with their soldiers, leadership, and society, we may have a greater understanding that our diplomats can utilize to bring this conflict to a quicker and slightly less death-infused ending. While we were unable to convince the governor to come with us, instead choosing death, we were able to convince him to withdraw his forces and stop the poison. Those are critical concessions on their own. Another step further with greater research into their belief system and ethics may result in live captures. While it's impossible to dismantle an entire belief system in a single conversation, we were able to cause enough doubt or dismay in his thoughts to result in a net positive ending.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • Send a small group of infiltrators to Wyld controlled space to infiltrate society under the Wyld. While we are not aware of whether or not they are introducing their own citizenry to habitat on planets they conquer, we will be able to have first-hand interactions logged with Wyld soldiers and leadership in their domain, without the pressures of combat.
  • Conduct an extensive interview of Wyld soldiers that we have captured. While they are unlikely to surrender, we do have some that have. If we conduct a large study into the patterns, upbringing, and lives of a Wyld citizen, we will better accomplish a quicker end.
  • Dedicate a research team to understanding Wyld behaviors with the Force. While we were notified the governor was Force-sensitive, he did not overtly display high command presence of the Force. We felt his presence and it was a dark one, but in actual combat, he did not significantly utilize the Force. This may have been due to how brief the encounter was. This is especially important to understanding the tactical capabilities of the Wyld with their deadliest weapon, and most dangerous to us: the Force. If they're giving command of an entire planet to a mildly trained Force user, this may imply they have a dearth of talented Force prospects.