(( Servers ))

News and Discussions for visiting Galactic Citizens
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Re: (( Servers ))

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Any admin with access to map-changing commands should be able to do it!
It's just "blueice_nightfall".
(Unless the map has been removed from Galaxy, then it will need uploading again)

I don't think it matters too much if the rpdump doesn't work and the spawns are not saved.

I'd do it myself right now but I'm at work. Rubbish.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Of course! But it might be convenient for us so we don't have to change the map and set up doors and spawn points every time the server auto-restarts over the next few day.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Skrassk
Lost One

Post by Skrassk »

I'm sure Soh could just /rpdump all the settings to a .cfg so you don't have to worry about replacing everything.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

It looks like someone had already done /rpdump, so I simply made the blueice_nightfall map the default map in case the server restarts. :)
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

(y)

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Thanks Soh!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The recent bug that caused Grounds & Galaxy to crash whenever someone connected should now be fixed. If you see any of our servers crash again, please let me know.

I'll keep investigating on the "rename to Padawan" issue, which isn't fixed yet...
Marl

Post by Marl »

The 'Padawan' renaming issue can be fixed by the player pretty easy , they just have to write in the console '/model (random model)' it should instantly change their name back.
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Marl wrote:The 'Padawan' renaming issue can be fixed by the player pretty easy , they just have to write in the console '/model (random model)' it should instantly change their name back.
While true, a genuine fix is preferable considering this was never an issue before. :wink:
Marl

Post by Marl »

The issue is known on JA+ aswell , as far as I know , nobody managed to fix it before.
Ashla Vasari
Lost One

Post by Ashla Vasari »

Marl wrote:The 'Padawan' renaming issue can be fixed by the player pretty easy , they just have to write in the console '/model (random model)' it should instantly change their name back.
I found that when I go into my template, click 'save template' and exit, it all reverts. I often get the guest account even though I'm all sized down with my hilt.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Can I ask, is everyone trying to bind multiple commands to one button? As I have yet to suffer this problem and I join spectate, login and then join server. I also amend my template frequently to weaken powers etc and it doesnt do anything apart from the odd skin change at times when I hit apply on the account.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sibi Volunt
Lost One

Post by Sibi Volunt »

It happens to me whenever I log in. I have my "l" key bound to log me in, and that's it. It doesn't matter if i log in while in spectator, right after I join, or a minute after I join, my name changes to Padawan 95% of the time.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

For those on the server when it crashed at about 1200 GST, I sincerely apologize!

Yeeeeees it was me.
I had a few requests to see about changing the skybox to day since it should be day time on Alzoc. (And the day-time version of Blueice Nightfall is extremely lore-unfriendly.)

The "rpshader" command is a cruel, horrible dangling carrot and in my attempts to be creative I caused the server to crash and prevent reconnection.

Sai has since restarted the map and all is good to go.

Once again, I'm very sorry if I ruined any RP that was going on when it happened.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion