(( Servers ))

News and Discussions for visiting Galactic Citizens
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

(( Servers ))

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Hello,

As you may have already noticed, our Temple server is down. Until Soh or someone else fixes it, I have set up our Temple on Galaxy. Please use that server until our issues are sorted out. Thanks!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Re: (( Servers ))

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Thanks for the information, Delmi!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The Temple & Grounds servers are up again. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, I will try to understand the cause of these crashes and provide a fix as soon as possible.
Marl

Post by Marl »

And the server crashed again.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I have deployed an updated RPMod version (0.4.3d) on Grounds & Galaxy EU, which may help with the recent stability issues. Nothing is certain yet though, only time will tell if it works better or not.

I will deploy it on the Temple server when activity is low or next time it crashes. If you see me online when it does, please let me know. :)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Thank you Soh!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The Temple server has now been updated as well, please let me know if you encounter any issue, including what you were doing at the time it occurred. :)
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Is this RPMod update just serverside or do I need to download an updated version for my client?
Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

I think Soh would've told us to download a new one had it been neccesary.
Considering it's a server-side problem you could assume that no client-side update is required for it. :)
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This is a server side fix indeed, no need to download anything. :-)
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The Grounds & Galaxy EU servers are currently unstable and will most likely crash whenever someone connects to them. This seems to be due to RPMod trying to update a bunch of accounts simultaneously and causing memory corruption.

Since I seem to be able to reproduce the issue, I will try to debug it further before trying to stabilize the servers. Please keep using the Temple server in the mean time...
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Galaxy EU should be available again, Grounds is not.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

We will need to ensure Galaxy has everything for tonight.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Grounds is back online and should be stable now. The bug itself isn't fixed but I can reproduce it on my computer, so I'll work on it ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Would it be possible to get the galaxy to switch back to the blueice map when it restarts during the next few days for the Life Day celebrations?