More time for JEDI

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Valgam Freestar
Lost One

More time for JEDI

Post by Valgam Freestar »

From now on, I'll spend even more time in this great community, as I finally left my now ex-roleplay community, that some of you may know (or not). I left DOJRP, which is a very serious GTA V Roleplay community, that focused on police work. For the persons interested I was a trooper first class and an HPIU detective.

I'm eager to spend even more of my free time with you guys!
Born: 362.29 Initiated: 370.18 Apprenticed: 378.23 Knighted: 385.25
Mentor:
Karmarie Zar, Xayr'ka Atreus
Departements: Archives, Vanguards
Dariun Antane
Lost One

Re: More time for JEDI

Post by Dariun Antane »

Didn't even know you could really even rp on GTA V seriously. That sounds pretty cool honestly.
Name: Dariun Antane
Date of Birth: 341.09 ABY
Next Birthday: 383.09 ABY
Apprenticed: 354.22
Mentor: Wen-Ordo
Pilot License: JFRb
Departed: 382.11
Tycho Varga
Lost One

Post by Tycho Varga »

I've actually been a bit interested in GTA5 type roleplays. But I kind of feel like there might be a lot of trolls in it, plus from what I've seen of them they all actually use mics and their real voices for their characters.

Tycho Varga
Human from Corellia

-~-~-~-~-~-=[Ranks]=-~-~-~-~-~-
Padawan
Aspirant Artisan
Healer Trainee

-~-~-~-~-~-=[Brief]=-~-~-~-~-~-

Born 364.20 (25)
Initiated on Ossus
Transfered to Rannon on 369.29
Padawan to Iffo Rav'i on 372.07, Masterless on 377.30
Padawan to Teynara Jeralyr on 378.14, Masterless on 381.20

Fenn Rahm
Lost One

Post by Fenn Rahm »

Tycho Varga wrote:I've actually been a bit interested in GTA5 type roleplays. But I kind of feel like there might be a lot of trolls in it, plus from what I've seen of them they all actually use mics and their real voices for their characters.
I've RPed in a text-based RP server in GTA 5, it honestly depends on what MP client you use since they all have their own takes on what an RP server is.
Xayr'ka Atreus for Jedi Master :mrgreen:
Tycho Varga
Lost One

Post by Tycho Varga »

I'm more used to text-based stuff completely, with no graphics at all. So I'm way more comfortable with text. When I first joined JEDI in... I think 2016, it was my first actual graphical RP adventure.

I had a friend who tried to get me into RPing on SWG when it was running, and looking back on it, if I could get a pure RP experience like you can get on JEDI with no randoms (pretty tall order for SWG, sadly), I probably would have enjoyed it.

I've even thought about SWTOR RPing, but... SWTOR feels way too restricted for it, and the RP more feels like an after thought whereas in SWG they actually crafted a story telling toolset.

And in SWTOR, with the way the maps are... It just doesn't feel right to try RPing in it.

Tycho Varga
Human from Corellia

-~-~-~-~-~-=[Ranks]=-~-~-~-~-~-
Padawan
Aspirant Artisan
Healer Trainee

-~-~-~-~-~-=[Brief]=-~-~-~-~-~-

Born 364.20 (25)
Initiated on Ossus
Transfered to Rannon on 369.29
Padawan to Iffo Rav'i on 372.07, Masterless on 377.30
Padawan to Teynara Jeralyr on 378.14, Masterless on 381.20

Dariun Antane
Lost One

Post by Dariun Antane »

Tycho Varga wrote:I'm more used to text-based stuff completely, with no graphics at all. So I'm way more comfortable with text. When I first joined JEDI in... I think 2016, it was my first actual graphical RP adventure.

I had a friend who tried to get me into RPing on SWG when it was running, and looking back on it, if I could get a pure RP experience like you can get on JEDI with no randoms (pretty tall order for SWG, sadly), I probably would have enjoyed it.

I've even thought about SWTOR RPing, but... SWTOR feels way too restricted for it, and the RP more feels like an after thought whereas in SWG they actually crafted a story telling toolset.

And in SWTOR, with the way the maps are... It just doesn't feel right to try RPing in it.
Yeah, it's very hard to rp in SWTOR outside of the fleet cantinas and your house. Kind of sucks in a way, you have this giant planet, and you can't use it for what you want, make your own stories.
Name: Dariun Antane
Date of Birth: 341.09 ABY
Next Birthday: 383.09 ABY
Apprenticed: 354.22
Mentor: Wen-Ordo
Pilot License: JFRb
Departed: 382.11
Kira Alde
Exiled

Post by Kira Alde »

Dariun Antane wrote:
Tycho Varga wrote:I'm more used to text-based stuff completely, with no graphics at all. So I'm way more comfortable with text. When I first joined JEDI in... I think 2016, it was my first actual graphical RP adventure.

Yeah, it's very hard to rp in SWTOR outside of the fleet cantinas and your house. Kind of sucks in a way, you have this giant planet, and you can't use it for what you want, make your own stories.
I remember a time before 'Galactic Strongholds' when public RP was a popular thing, but the introduction of strongholds killed the public RP because it allowed to RP in private, all the main RP guilds you won't see in public anymore though I do bump into one or two people I used to RP heavily with a few years back.

It just shows you that what was expected to be a boost for RP on TOR, turned out to be the opposite, it ruined it. I know some guilds still do public rp as a group but use the d20 system whenever combat or skills are involved.

I've not been a full timer player of the game since before Knights of the Fallen Empire, these days I only play for the updates despite wanting to play more, I'd rather dedicate myself more to JEDI as more goes on, besides, I've completed the storylines loads of times by now and the 'challenge' has since been robbed with the planetary level cap and easy to obtain xp boosts. I miss being able to die against mobs/bosses.

Eighteen | New Alderaan | Masterless

Valgam Freestar
Lost One

Post by Valgam Freestar »

Dariun Antane wrote:Didn't even know you could really even RP on GTA V seriously. That sounds pretty cool honestly.
They use a software called FiveM, and it makes adding certain mods and scripts possible on GTAV on a private server (No ban from rockstar)
Tycho Varga wrote:I've actually been a bit interested in GTA5 type roleplays. But I kind of feel like there might be a lot of trolls in it, plus from what I've seen of them they all actually use mics and their real voices for their characters.
There are no trolls in DOJRP since it's a private community and you have to pass a written application and an interview afterward, it is, in fact, voice roleplay, but the community not allowing people under 16, you won't hear squeaky voices.(Not that it's a bad thing we've all been through there)
Born: 362.29 Initiated: 370.18 Apprenticed: 378.23 Knighted: 385.25
Mentor:
Karmarie Zar, Xayr'ka Atreus
Departements: Archives, Vanguards