Star Wars TRIVIA

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 pm

This may or may not be easy, Since 1983 how many video games have been released bearing the name 'Star Wars'?

An estimate or exact number will suffice.

Bonus: What happened in 1983 that caused a 8 year gap between the release of the next game?

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:38 pm

A: 57 Games?

Bonus: Lucas!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Sebastin Creed wrote:A: 57 Games?

Bonus: Lucas!
57? Higher than that mate..and no it wasn't Lucas :P

And I mean from 1983 - Present when I wanna know how many games.

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 am

Closer to 110 actually.

For the bonus question: several reasons. 1983 marked a major low-point for the industry as a whole. LucasArts, having only been founded the year before, did a good deal of their development in-house. As a result, most of their titles were independent of the movie side of the business with titles like the Monkey Island series, The Dig, and Day of the Tentacle (all games I loved, classics in the adventure genre). There were only two previous Star Wars titles before that, and both had been licensed works arranged by Lucasfilm, their parent company. The first internally developed Star Wars games didn't see release until February of '93 with X-Wing (the only reason I even own a joystick anymore), and Rebel Assault later that year.

Supposing I hit the nail somewhere close enough (feel free to clarify)...

During pre-production for Revenge of the Sith, concept artists found a mascot that they also used as their rallying cry. What was "Horse Pilot!" inspired by?

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:51 am

Over 120 have been released but your close enough, your go Sared.