[HOWTO] Telling The Time

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

[HOWTO] Telling The Time

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

I've had a staggering number of private messages asking "What time is 1500GST?". So, here I am explaining to everyone how to work out the time.

Clicking onto the Holonet allows you to view the time and date in our format. Look at it for a moment. In my screenshot the time is 0443/30GST. The "/30" is the number of seconds ticking by. The first two digits "04" are the hour, and the next two are the minutes.

0443GST, because we are in a twenty-four hour format I know translates as 4:43am and not 16:00 (4:00pm). With this knowledge I look at my own clock, which happens to show the time 09:43. With this information I am now aware that I live in a timezone that is five hours ahead of "Galactic Standard Time (GST)".

Using my upcoming event as an example, I will calculate the time it takes place in my timezone based off of the posted GST information.

1500GST (15:00 or 3:00pm), + 5 Hours = 2000GST (20:00 or 8:00pm). I now know that in my timezone, my event takes place at 20:00 in twenty-four hour format, or 8:00pm in 12 hour format.

I hope this clears things up for you. :)