283.31 // A personal note

The JEDI Council's channel for public announcements
Arkallon
Lost One

283.31 // A personal note

Post by Arkallon »

Dear friends and family,

For those of you who were not aware, there is currently an ongoing dispute over intellectual property, assets, and other materials relating to the Official JEDI clan. A few Senior members, who will not be named here, took it upon themselves to bypass an ongoing negotiation to create an "Expansion Temple" to allow for different preferences in theme and general practices to be expressed more freely and without conflict via a small sense of separation.

The aim of the original plan was to accommodate all tastes without excluding anyone, or punishing people for their differing views. This idea held great promise and merit, though it also held several noteworthy risks which we were in the process of addressing when the split occurred without warning or Council Approval.

Please understand that these words are purely my own and based solely on my personal opinions, which is why they were posted under my account for the sake of transparency.

Those who specifically planned and carried out this unauthorized copying and seizure of assets are, in my mind, guilty of blatant and wholesale intellectual property theft. I truly believe that everyone else is innocent of any wrongdoing. It is completely natural to simply follow the powerful bonds that make our community great, and I don't blame anyone in the slightest for doing so.

In my eyes, all of you have my forgiveness already and I'll do everything in my power to make sure that no one holds it against you if you just got swept up in the moment. If you wish to remain with the others, then I bear you no ill will or hard feelings. I simply wish that you would protest the obvious and morally objectionable attempt to usurp everything from our server name, to our tags, to unauthorized use of RPMod files and beyond. There's nothing wrong with wanting to decide one's own destiny, but you should have the courage, moral fortitude and creativity to stand on your own as a true face of change - with all of the trimmings and hard work that goes into creating unique assets so as to have that difference in full view.

In the meantime, stay positive, have faith, and show compassion for people who crave a change of pace or the need to stay with those to whom they are closest. Our place is not to judge a simple matter of opinion. The only true offense is the one I listed earlier.

The only other thing I have to say is that I do view people of JEDI (the actual JEDI), past, present and aspirants, as something very personal and important to me. I'm watching out for you and I'm here to help if you need it.

Ever at your service,

Allen (Arkallon)
Let the blade of wisdom pierce through the veil of the obvious to reveal the unseen truth behind it.