287.13 // The Symbol of JEDI

The JEDI Council's channel for public announcements
The Jedi Council
Jedi Council

287.13 // The Symbol of JEDI

Post by The Jedi Council »

Greetings JEDI members.

It is with great pleasure that we inform you that our insignia has been updated.

Fruit of much work and reasoning, we would like to reveal it to all of you, introducing it with the description of the author himself:
Jared wrote:Greetings honoured brothers and sisters.

As we discussed, the order's insignia was in need of an update. I looked closely at some of the historical insignia used by the order and have settled on this new design.

Of particular note is the central lightsaber, the most obvious external symbol of our status as Jedi which offers some direct continuity. The surrounding wings symbolise both the orders symbolic rise from the ashes of conflict and oppression as well as the Force's capacity to allow sentient life to transcend beyond the normal limitations of beings.

Still present are the three circular abstractions, but they too posses several meanings. They still link us to iconography of the Alliance and Republic of old, whose core values were inspired by Jedi, but the significance of the number three is also important. There are three classical paths for Jedi, Guardian, Consular and Sentinel and all of us relate to one or more of these paths on some level. There are also three remaining temples who have survived the troubles of the last few decades and I felt it was important that these branches be recognised and remembered in future Jedi generations.

Finally the star-burst at the centre of the lightsaber... It represents not only the Jedi as beacons of light, but also hope.

I hope you find the design to be fitting,

Master Quell.
For more information about usage policies as well as a download link, please consult this HoloNet page.

- The Jedi Council.

The Jedi Council of Duneeden