Chargeable force push?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Chargeable force push?

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Hello everybody,

So, this I a idea I have thought of while I'm on vacation, the idea of a chargeable foce push May seem stupid to many, but look at it like this, with the RPMOD we have 5 I think levels of force power, 4 and 5 meaning mastery, if this Knight or Master has mastery over the ability why can't he or she determine the amount of energy in there push.

This seems stupid, for example; The Star Wars force unleash, the character you play as, Starkiller is able to control how devastating his force push was depending on how long he charged it up, I have no idea if you could even do this in JKA, the charge in Star Wars force unleash had I think 4 stages.

Tapping the button would equal a minor push merely knocking someone down, if they were not force sensitive, if against say someone that's higher then you for example a knight they would not be knocked down

Say holding it down for 2 seconds would enter stage 2 at this point could knockdown a force sensitive.

Holding it down for 4 seconds would enter stage 3, meaning the blast could possibly knock someone down not trained in the force, for example me as a initiate would then be pushed.

Holding it down for 6 seconds, you might think isn't that long, I haven't been a victim of a push which is at the level of 4 or 5 but they way people go on about it, it seems quite devastating, and let's be honest us JEDl could not perform the kind of devastating blast without charging or channelling the force for a decent amount of time, unless your Anakin skywalker, or yoda. Which if your character is then that's good for you.

This is a idea for say level 4 or 5, knights and masters or have mastery over the ability could control the power of it. Please give ideas and suggestions on how this idea could be refined so that even Padawans could use it, maybe they don't get stage 4.

EDIT: This is just of the top of my head thoughts, I know I could refine them but I want to see what everybody think. Befor anybody posts just use :: action :: how can you action this ::puts his hand in position like the kammeha wave:: plus would people even play along with it ? I think have the game mechanic there would be nice.

Again, this is a idea, I have no clue if this can even be added into the game. Just an idea.

TL;DR: The idea of charging your force push, so that you have more control of said blast and possibly range.

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Elensa Jari
Lost One

Re: Chargeable force push?

Post by Elensa Jari »

You could simply have a staggered scale, so that each level of Push (or Pull) would determine the maximum force of the power - a Level 3 at maximum charge would be perhaps 50% of a Level 4, and that would likewise be 50% maximum of Level 5. If it's possible, it would be a good thing to use - with the only downside being that that method would probably mean the single-tap use of the power would have it projecting at minimum power.
Species: Hapan | Age: 9 | Initiated: 337.16 ABY | Mentor: Maia Rimora
Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Or that, that could possibly make it easier to implement it in game.

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Shaok Panek
Lost One

Post by Shaok Panek »

Not a bad idea, though I'm not completely sure if it is even possible to implement this.
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Shaok Panek wrote:Not a bad idea, though I'm not completely sure if it is even possible to implement this.
I think that ForceMod III did it. How? No idea. As for a feature in RPMod, I'd love to see this.

Probably something to do with the knockback scale though.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Could you imagine... force push one would be better as long as you charged it up.

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Niko Inaru wrote:Could you imagine... force push one would be better as long as you charged it up.
I'm not sure I like the sound of that. While this suggestion does have a lot of appeal and I'm leaning very heavily towards agreeing with it, I will remind you that Force push one is as low as it is because it's a first tier ability and to strengthen your abilities in the force demands time, training and experience. I would not want to see these powers to be "nerfed" in any way to exceed their already reasonable limitations.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Niko Inaru
Lost One

Post by Niko Inaru »

Kieran Orion wrote:
Niko Inaru wrote:Could you imagine... force push one would be better as long as you charged it up.
I'm not sure I like the sound of that. While this suggestion does have a lot of appeal and I'm leaning very heavily towards agreeing with it, I will remind you that Force push one is as low as it is because it's a first tier ability and to strengthen your abilities in the force demands time, training and experience. I would not want to see these powers to be "nerfed" in any way to exceed their already reasonable limitations.

Maybe force push II+ could be chargeable?

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I think a good compromise might be that the first tier Push ability need to be charged completely for use, the second not so yet be weaker when you tap the appropriate key as opposed to charging, and then with each level the strength rises appropriately.

Push One: Hold to charge, use when full.
Push Two: Can be used sooner, yet the result be weaker.
Push three: Charge takes less time and strength grows.
Push four and five: Both attributes increase with each level.

This said...Having Telekinesis as a sustainable ability like this will change the game mechanics around not only how we use it, but how we role play it and this is where I hesitate. Not simply for the programming it might take to achieve this but also how it could diminish the use of the ability for students of lower level (Initiates and Novice). I'm on the fence with this suggestion, honestly, it could go either way.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

I can't say I support this idea, for the simple matter, I like force push as it is now. Truly, if you want to change the 'power' of your force push, it's a simple matter of going into your template and knocking your push down a few levels, once you're finished, you can just put it back up to your hearts content.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Maia Rimora wrote:it's a simple matter of going into your template and knocking your push down a few levels, once you're finished, you can just put it back up to your hearts content.
Which is made even simpler by binds.

I don't feel optimism for this suggestion, the system works fine now. Plus this isn't DBZ, we don't need to kamehamehame for ten seconds to form a push wave which becomes anticipatory.
Last edited by Silas Vir'n on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

Push 5 already has a wave of sorts, if anything, we could add the charge (holding button) as an additional feature to Push 4, with an 180 arc of being stronger than the ordinary push strength of level 4 (five has a 360 arc, when sustained, which can pretty much flatten anyone and everything) So in someway, it could be a development point between 4 and 5.

But by no means, do I think levels 1-3 need to be changed, I have also found the only 'charge' needed for push, has been the charge you roleplay in gathering force energy, which I'd much rather do than having to sit there and charge the power mechanically in terms of game speak. I find it at this point, in terms of my own character, push and pull can be used instinctively by Maia without the need for a charging period.
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Kieran Orion wrote:

I'm a fan of that. For level one it would show 'concentration' or what not. Rather than an initiate that is barely trained, or someone unskilled in telekinesis just whipping it out.

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Arven Silaan wrote:
Kieran Orion wrote:

I'm a fan of that. For level one it would show 'concentration' or what not. Rather than an initiate that is barely trained, or someone unskilled in telekinesis just whipping it out.
True, though if you wanted to fine-tune something telekinetically using push I like that would be tedious. I'd take Maia's suggestion of adding charge time to push IV to make it more powerful, but perhaps have the push I charge be an option to turn on and off for the sake of mental stability of the player. ;)
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

I'm quite surprised lots of people responded to the idea, for this ability to charge I would imagine it could be at level 4 and 5, I also like Mai's idea of it too.