Post your ideas and suggestions here
Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Re: Chargeable force push?

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Zander-Bo Umra wrote:
Arven Silaan wrote:
Kieran Orion wrote:
Push One: Hold to charge, use when full.
Push Two: Can be used sooner, yet the result be weaker.
Push three: Charge takes less time and strength grows.
Push four and five: Both attributes increase with each level.

I'm a fan of that. For level one it would show 'concentration' or what not. Rather than an initiate that is barely trained, or someone unskilled in telekinesis just whipping it out.
True, though if you wanted to fine-tune something telekinetically using push I like that would be tedious. I'd take Maia's suggestion of adding charge time to push IV to make it more powerful, but perhaps have the push I charge be an option to turn on and off for the sake of mental stability of the player. ;)
So.... Toggle?

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Yeah, I believe that's already possible for people with grip 5 to choose whether or not to do damage, but I might need to be corrected on that. Second problem with the charge is whether you'd want to add an animation to it or not. Pros and cons to that too.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Zander-Bo Umra wrote:Yeah, I believe that's already possible for people with grip 5 to choose whether or not to do damage, but I might need to be corrected on that. Second problem with the charge is whether you'd want to add an animation to it or not. Pros and cons to that too.
Well Hold 4 and 5 do damage and on top of that, Push 5 does damage caused by the knockdown as it throws everyone in a 360 radius over though takes slightly longer to perform and I think has a small recharge period before it can be used again.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Silas Vir'n wrote:Plus this isn't DBZ, we don't need to kamehamehame for ten seconds to form a push wave which becomes anticipatory.
^

Exactly, plus it would be harder to control, unless you count the time while you charge it.
So, I believe the current Push works well enough.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Nico Keztor wrote:
Silas Vir'n wrote:Plus this isn't DBZ, we don't need to kamehamehame for ten seconds to form a push wave which becomes anticipatory.
^

Exactly, plus it would be harder to control, unless you count the time while you charge it.
So, I believe the current Push works well enough.
By the time you've charged the opponent may have sliced you up or shot you down anyway heh, you can always emote the focus of energy if you want to try and be realistic.
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

I guess so, just an idea, thanks for everybody's opinion.

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Karmarie Zar wrote:I guess so, just an idea, thanks for everybody's opinion.
Don't get me wrong, it's a very good idea and for beginners to telekinesis it would be a good thing as they have to take a moment to focus, where as intermediates and above are able to instinctively control the energy with less than a simple thought.

In practice it would remove the need to focus on emoting every time a beginner tries to use push but would hamper someone who in character has progressed to a higher stage and can perform with ease, but lacks the points or understanding to unlock the second rank of the ability as they have advanced.

>> Updated Skin Link <<