Guest account with Remote Item

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ilaine Strias
Lost One

Guest account with Remote Item

Post by Ilaine Strias »

Tonight I was roleplaying with the remote turned on and running in such a fashion to avoid it's beams.

It was pointed out to me that hopefuls really wouldn't use the remote as it's more for initiates to train with once they have a lightsaber to block the shots.

If that's the case, I feel that until you have an account/level maybe there is no reason to have access to the remote item?

I know it's not a big suggestion, but I thought maybe it'd be an easy thing to fix and might just make things more clear.

Thank you.
MY SKIN:

LINK
Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Re: Guest account with Remote Item

Post by Silas Vir'n »

I didn't say much ingame when PMing you because it's generally something that's very easily solved by roleplaying, and knowing that you haven't been given one as a character. That isn't so hard. But at the same time, the convenience of guests not having a remote isn't a bad idea.

I'm sure there's a reason why they've been left in.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

I'm fairly certain, but not 100% sure that you would have to individually give the item to each account upon initiation if it was to be removed. I'm not sure they can be set to a rank (would be nice if they could but I don't know enough about the account system)

The easiest way around this is yes, roleplay. I know IRP they are handed out upon initiation along with robes, hilt, and datapad among other things.

Ilaine Strias
Lost One

Post by Ilaine Strias »

I love roleplay as much as any of us, but it's a bit presumptuous to assume every guest will inherently know that he isn't allowed to use an item-indeed, the only item he can access-on the server before initiation.

I appreciated the messages and was glad to Minus out using it, but this suggestion is just to better the system in general. If there is a reason for the remote being available to guests that I'm unaware of, then all is good. I just want to help.

It's not fun to feel scoffed at.
MY SKIN:

LINK