Console Adjustment

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Console Adjustment

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Just a thought: could the console be adjusted to visibly show all the new colours added by RPMod? I've noticed that, even with a transparent frame adjustment to better enable me to read darker colours, we still don't see the colours of names or many of the different texts used in-game.

As you can imagine, it's a small hassle, but of particular issue when the console is rendering some custom-name colours as black instead of white, making them near-invisible to read in certain lights.
Dithaal
Lost One

Re: Console Adjustment

Post by Dithaal »

Aye, if this is possible it'd be greatly appreciated.

+1

Name:Dithaal|Birthdate:322.31 ABY|Initiated:336.21 ABY|
Noviced: 338.18 ABY|Apprenticed:340.27 ABY|Mentor:Delmi N'jork |
Knighted:347.15 ABY | Apprentice(s): |
Position(s):Battlemaster - 348.02 -357.31 Image
Lay down your head, closing your eyes. Let the bed of grass, heal your mind. For when you open your eyes young pupa, all will be right.

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Would love to see this but if I recall there was some game engine limiting factor.

Soh?

Krei'dexx'onubi
Lost One

Post by Krei'dexx'onubi »

Aslyn Denethorn wrote:Just a thought: could the console be adjusted to visibly show all the new colours added by RPMod? I've noticed that, even with a transparent frame adjustment to better enable me to read darker colours, we still don't see the colours of names or many of the different texts used in-game.

As you can imagine, it's a small hassle, but of particular issue when the console is rendering some custom-name colours as black instead of white, making them near-invisible to read in certain lights.
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I found this on the forums.

http://comport.jediholo.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=8874

That's what I use and it works well for me. Hope this helps for the time being.
Name: Dexx/Dexxo/'Stylish Dexxo' Species: Chiss Homeworld: Csilla DoB: 334.03 Initiated: 340.21 Apprenticed: 343.01
Mentor: Jedi Master Coren Ran
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Well, you've helped me for sure. Thank you.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

There's another alternative here, too. :)

Fully Transparent Console
Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

Arven Silaan wrote:Would love to see this but if I recall there was some game engine limiting factor.

Soh?
I'm not sure if this is the right place. you can delete this message if it's not posted in the right place.

speaking of engines, I've posted a crash problem a day before moving to Rannon. I found out later the problem was the current engine of the game doesn't support my graphic card. so, I searched for some fixes and found this.

http://jkhub.org/topic/2220-frequently-asked-questions/

Currently I'm using it if anyone is gonna use it I recommend you make a copy of your game because all your options and binds will be reset. and rename openjk.x86.exe to Jamp and openjk_sp.x86.exe to Jasp if you're playing single player. if you don't the game won't work with the RPmod. because the mod isn't set to recognize a new engine for the game currently.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Alehk Thol wrote:There's another alternative here, too. :)

Fully Transparent Console
Alehk you're a star, I've been wanting this as it's a nightmare changing name colors when you have to keep closing the console to check the list and make sure you have it right :/
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Supporting new colors in the console isn't possible without altering the game engine (jamp.exe), which is something RPMod doesn't do at the moment.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Thank you for letting us know, Soh. Much appreciated, as is all the work you do on our behalf :)