Full Shields on Spawn/Respawn

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Full Shields on Spawn/Respawn

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Hola,

Something that's been bugging me for a while: when we first join the server, our health is full, but our shields are set to 25. In sims or missions, we have to go forth and find shield generators or ask someone to \rpgive <name> armor <amount> to be up to full spec.

My thought is this: if I go to bed with a fully-charged shield generator (ICly), why would I wake up with one that's somehow diminished to nearly nothing?

Figured it might be easier for everyone if the server automatically replenishes our shields *and* health as soon as we spawn in. Saves hassle all around.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Full Shields on Spawn/Respawn

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Aslyn Denethorn wrote:Hola,

Something that's been bugging me for a while: when we first join the server, our health is full, but our shields are set to 25. In sims or missions, we have to go forth and find shield generators or ask someone to \rpgive <name> armor <amount> to be up to full spec.

My thought is this: if I go to bed with a fully-charged shield generator (ICly), why would I wake up with one that's somehow diminished to nearly nothing?

Figured it might be easier for everyone if the server automatically replenishes our shields *and* health as soon as we spawn in. Saves hassle all around.
Admittedly this has been on my mind for months, it makes no sense to spawn in with an empty shield generator when you should have a full one automatically if it was full beforehand.

As one of those people that actively hunt for shields when not on the temple map it is a pain in banthas behind especially when you're put at an unrealistic disadvantage.

In reality no one should be going into a potential combat situation without fully charged shields, it's common sense to replace a battery before hand, infact it might also be ideal for people to carry spares for when they have a breather.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

+1
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

/support

It can be a useful thing for JEDI entering missions to have full shields as well - a great margin of error.
Athan Marr
Lost One

Post by Athan Marr »

Fully support and like this idea.
Species:Human | Age:Early-Thirties | Homeworld:Dantooine | Mentor:Nico Keztor

Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

+1 On this.

Fully agree with it, this has been something I've thought about many times.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

This I agree on, it can get really annoying when on a mission or before sparring.
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|