Third Training Holograms Setting

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Third Training Holograms Setting

Post by Cerez Kay »

I get the feeling that with a little tinkering we could easily exand upon the training hologram spawning droid's script to add a more gradual step-ladder training for students.

Currently we have two difficulty settings: simpler and tougher. Simpler is perfect for younger student training, and tougher is perfect for an advanced student who is practicing their speed in combat, but I strongly feel we are missing a third setting in-between that is designed for lightsaber versus lightsaber combat, but with a more leasurely paced NPC, so that the (medium-level) student can focus their accuracy with blocking and evading, and improve upon their overall technique.

Could we have a third setting for this, with slower moving holographic opponents (NPCs)?
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Re: Third Training Holograms Setting

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That's probably do-able. When you read through the NPC settings in their ext_data files, you have these configurations:
rank captain
reactions 2
aim 2
move 2
aggression 2
evasion 2
intelligence 2
These exist alongside a list of Force abilities and, of course, their HP. Now that one there has 80 HP and basic Lightsaber abilities, but not a lot else - for reference, that's the ext_data for initiate_single. Now compared to knight_single, which has 500 health:
rank captain
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
So, yup, there's room to maneuver, particularly when you also add in Force abilities: neither of these two have anything beyond the basics. So we could always whip up some bots with intermediate ones. When I read padawan_single, I noticed that it's practically identical to knight_single - 500 health, 5s in all the rank settings, minimal Force abilities. Maybe we should edit that to a 250 HP, 4 stat bot? And do the same with it's contemporaries?

Also, always remember, Knights and Masters can provide a much more versatile range of bots for your combat pleasure. Feel free to ask ;)
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

That sounds good. I would possibly even put their reaction setting down to 3 (average) for Padawans because we need time to react in order to make best use of our form practice.

First comes proper form, then comes speed in our practice.

I take it that the reaction setting is responsible for their apparently chaotic, and very fast paced attacks?
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That would be my guess. That and aggression.
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Such a thing is definitely possible and I believe this is a good suggestion. If any of you have other ideas about this subject, I look forward to read them!