Display All Hilts

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Display All Hilts

Post by Syrena Exan »

While I've been reworking the weapons pack, I've noticed just how many staves and matatuki weapons are in use at the moment. We also have a nice selection of vibroweapons. This got me thinking.

RPMod allows us to see all of our weapons when we do /rpmerc. I'd like to see the same thing for lightsabers, allowing us to display both possible single hints and the staff.

I'm aware that this would probably require a weapon slot of the inventory to be used, as I'm fairly certain a new one can't be created? If this is the case, I would propose replacing a weapon that's rarely used, such as the stun baton (we have other melee weapons in the pack and can pretty much mimic the stun baton as a saber). But if a new slot CAN be made, awesome.

I think more people would like being able to swap between staff hilts/matatuki weapons/vibro swords and their single hints than would be bothered by the lack of a stun baton. It would also be nice to have npc characters in missions kitted out with multiple weapons, like a vibroblade and a datapad at the same time, as one example.

As for how to select and equip both, perhaps a new command similar to /rpmerc, but instead something like /rpstaff <sabername>, which grants you a staff in the inventory.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Re: Display All Hilts

Post by Aelon Besarat »

All of my +1s

This is an absolutely fantastic idea if I can be done! 8D
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

I had a thought process similar to this, when I got bored I usually just looked over the weapons for some art ha-ha. This has a plus 1 from me if it is possible!

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

For a long time this has been something that's incredibly necessary.

+1

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Athan Marr
Lost One

Post by Athan Marr »

+1
Species:Human | Age:Early-Thirties | Homeworld:Dantooine | Mentor:Nico Keztor

Salvong
Exiled

Post by Salvong »

+1

Age: 15 | Species: Farghul | Initiated: 343.14 | Apprenticed: 343.24 | Mentor: Syrena Exan |

Noviced: 344.29 |