RGB in .sab

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

RGB in .sab

Post by Syrena Exan »

While doing the saber pack and looking into what can be done with a .sab file, I noticed that JA+ managed to add new commands to it. So I've wondered, could we reprogram the 'saberColor' line to register rgb values rather than just the basic color names? This would allow us to program in our custom colors and not need to worry about fussing with rgb values when switching between hilts.

The format could be:

saberColor r000;g000;b000

or something similar.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Cero Rooi
Lost One

Re: RGB in .sab

Post by Cero Rooi »

This would be awesome!

name_cero.rooi|age_37|height_1.79m|rank_knight

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

It's already possible with /rgb_saber1 and /rgb_saber2.
Example wrote:rgb_saber1 64,77,101 (How I got my Silver color)
That command line wouldn't work (the one you suggested) as using a semi-colon (;) causes the command line to register 'complete' so you end up with g000 and b000 posted in /say, useful if you want to backup several commands like /me folds her arms as she observes the students;emcrossarms.

Means however you can type /rgb_saber1 <Number>,<Number>,<Number>;rgb_saber2 <Number>,<Number>,<Number> in the console and it will register both together. (Won't work if you plan to bind it, you'd have to bind it to 2 buttons)

I asked about this before: Link
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I'm not talking about typing it in the console. I'm talking about putting an entry in the .sab file. Currently it lets you type a color name, but not put in specific rgb values. This is what I'm looking for.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

What Syrena describes is essentially not having to muck around with rgb settings ever again until your saber is released. This makes passing on lightsabers a lot easier, as the color's simply coded into the blade beforehand.

Make it happen if possible.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

+1
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|