Force Wave

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zeros Darok

Force Wave

Post by Zeros Darok »

I imagine I will get some grumbling from the older generation regarding this suggestion but a small nerf/alteration to Push 5's 'Wave' effect may be an idea to reduce it's disruption during roleplay, for as long as I can remember not even walls can stop it throwing you like a pillow in a pillow fight so long as you're inside the range.

I understand that as a Jedi grows in experience and understanding of an ability their ability to do more with it increases but for everyone around say the arena to be thrown back as if a bomb struck is a bit over the top.

The entry on wookieepedia states:
Wookieepedia wrote:The strength of Force Wave was extremely potent, and its raw power was on more than one occasion described as a telekinetic explosion.
Inside a temple however the destructive power behind it would be greatly reduced for safety reasons lest the roof come down on peoples heads, if there isn't a way to directly reduce the range for it completely without rendering it ineffective is there a way it could be a 'charged' ability, the longer you hold onto the button the greater the energy released and the more range it has?
Vathius Krai
Lost One

Re: Force Wave

Post by Vathius Krai »

Well, I certainly have been in a situation where I went flying by a strong 'push'. Many times actually.
However, if a Jedi had mastered this ability, I am pretty sure they will be able to control it.
So, an easier solution would be the Knight or Master simply removing some points from the ability if they think it might, in a way, 'disrupt the RP'
And they can still add these points back whenever they want.
Zeros Darok

Post by Zeros Darok »

Vathius Krai wrote:Well, I certainly have been in a situation where I went flying by a strong 'push'. Many times actually.
However, if a Jedi had mastered this ability, I am pretty sure they will be able to control it.
So, an easier solution would be the Knight or Master simply removing some points from the ability if they think it might, in a way, 'disrupt the RP'
And they can still add these points back whenever they want.
I know that is usually the case but it seems unfair on them to have to remove a point just to stop them from 'flipping the table' with us all on it so to speak, this is more for when they want to use it against holograms or in group spars.
Zechs Demming
Lost One

Post by Zechs Demming »

As someone who used to have push 5, it's pretty easy to set up a bind to scale it down to push 4 while in house. I don't think it should be toned down just for use in the temple. The storm abilities are the same way, they're over powered because they should be, but that doesn't mean they should be used in the temple.
ace.commander|birth_321ABY|height_1.9m|weight_104.3kg|homeworld_concord.dawn|mentor_mira.dreiz|apprentice_zakarie.di'vosk_rhuacca
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

I'm going to have to agree with Vath and Zechs, honestly. Push 5 is OP as hell because it's meant to show that person's practically complete and utter understanding of the ability. I don't know about others but I've only seen it disrupt rp once, and I think that was more for giggles than anything else.

It seems pretty well contained, although I believe that if absolutely necessary they can scale it down to Push 4 if they want, I don't naturally see people utilize Push 5 in a spar or fight anyway- although there aren't a lot of people who currently have it either.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

I've only used the power during one role-play on a temporary character and learned the hard way just how extensive the range of it actually is. It is quite OP, but as pointed out, this is by design.

While setting a bind would be quite easy, I've always wondered whether it'd be possible to have push 5 function just like push 4 and only have the 360 effect triggered when holding 'F' or 'F1' (or whatever custom binds you've set for those two functions). I know this was done in japlus for certain additional moves/abilities where holding F1 triggered a different version of push as opposed to tapping F1 which functioned as normal.

This would be an acceptable change that would see use of the 360 version of push only used when the user intends to and not when people forget to roll back their template with binds.