Classrooms

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Vathius Krai
Lost One

Classrooms

Post by Vathius Krai »

I thought it'd be nice to have a classroom within every department since everyone seems to use the one in the diplomacy department for that purpose, and I'm sure there are plans for map updates and such. Give me your opinions.
Wrennin Vae
Lost One

Re: Classrooms

Post by Wrennin Vae »

The Diplomacy hall aside, both Artisan and the Archives have classroom-sque seating areas. Personally, I feel that the other departments, especially Hangar and Saber Arts, don't really require them, being more practical subjects. Moreover, other departments, such as Force Theory, don't actually have their own separate areas.

I personally would feel that adding classrooms would limit people further; the fewer there are, the more chances there are to hold classes in more interesting places, such as out of temple or outside.

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

Personally, I posed this idea for both the archives and medical department, I should've been more specific.

And I don't think anyone has ever held a class within the archives itself, usually lessons related to the department are held elsewhere, I simply wanted to see the place used for more RP, and classes of course. But what do others think :?:
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

As far as I'm aware from Sai, there are no plans to add new sections to the map. Only bugfixes and a night time version. This is because the map is pretty much at it's limit for what it can hold without causing more lag than it already does. What we have is what we get.

I personally would rather see people use varying locations than be stuffed in a classroom all the time.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Technically the arena is the classroom for the FM&T and LSA&T departments as well, hence the proximity to the offices. :lol:

Though, admittedly, I do miss the classrooms on Alzoc 3. A bit of diversity in learning/teaching spaces may be a nice addition. It'll depend who continues work on the map.

But there are often places about the Praxeum that you wouldn't initially think to hold a lesson but can actually accommodate a nice sit down/chat lesson format.
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Amalia Feyn wrote:It'll depend who continues work on the map.
Does this mean that Sai is not currently working on it?
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

Every department has a space to teach. :)

Artisan - Classroom, Corridor and workshop
Battlemaster - Arena, two dojos, two NPC areas, exterior balance beam
Force Theory - Same again with the addition of moving blocks outside and perhaps the greenhouse for healing lessons and the concept of the Living Force.
Ace Commander - A garage, a hangar and a workshop downstairs, exterior space and land maps.
Security - Its entire wing and arguably the entire Praxeum - particular when performing a simulation on Galaxy
Diplomacy - Dedicated classroom
Archives - Table centred around the hologram
Master Healer - The medial room itself as well as the office

If each department had a specific class room adjacent, you'd get very bored of the same thing very quickly. I guarantee that most mentors wouldn't use them regularly anyway. We're fortunate to have the most thorough map in the entire game for our Praxeum and it's Sai's project regardless. He has put in a lot of time and energy for a community he hasn't been a part of for a very long time. We should be appreciative of that and respect what we have been given rather than hoping for more.

Remember, there was a time JEDI had to make do with one duel room and no dormitories, or hangar, or garden for that matter!

Beyond all the places listed above there're still many more places you could move around the Praxeum. Additionally, I would prefer to promote the idea of travelling off-world for your subjects where possible. :) The Star Wars galaxy is a big place!
Jago Mirax
Lost One

Post by Jago Mirax »

Alehk Thol wrote:Every department has a space to teach. :)

Artisan - Classroom, Corridor and workshop
Battlemaster - Arena, two dojos, two NPC areas, exterior balance beam
Force Theory - Same again with the addition of moving blocks outside and perhaps the greenhouse for healing lessons and the concept of the Living Force.
Ace Commander - A garage, a hangar and a workshop downstairs, exterior space and land maps.
Security - Its entire wing and arguably the entire Praxeum - particular when performing a simulation on Galaxy
Diplomacy - Dedicated classroom
Archives - Table centred around the hologram
Master Healer - The medial room itself as well as the office

If each department had a specific class room adjacent, you'd get very bored of the same thing very quickly. I guarantee that most mentors wouldn't use them regularly anyway. We're fortunate to have the most thorough map in the entire game for our Praxeum and it's Sai's project regardless. He has put in a lot of time and energy for a community he hasn't been a part of for a very long time. We should be appreciative of that and respect what we have been given rather than hoping for more.

Remember, there was a time JEDI had to make do with one duel room and no dormitories, or hangar, or garden for that matter!

Beyond all the places listed above there're still many more places you could move around the Praxeum. Additionally, I would prefer to promote the idea of travelling off-world for your subjects where possible. :) The Star Wars galaxy is a big place!
Have to agree. We're extremely lucky to have what we've got. It's a palace compared to some of the earlier maps.

Plenty of places to visit in that galaxy far, far away!

| Birthdate: 322.21 ABY | Age: 61 |

Mizelia
Lost One

Post by Mizelia »

What about one specific part of the temple/enclave with multible classrooms?
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Geralt Karadas wrote:What about one specific part of the temple/enclave with multible classrooms?
That'd be a whole wing that'd probably fall into disuse because of the lack of other activities one might have there.

The current facilities hold a variety of functions on their own that allows each department to function independently. Beyond that the less-used parts are still part of a bustling enclave, even when not used.

Creating a different wing for that, whether you'd strip parts of the current wings or not, would be a lot of effort for a minimal change.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Mizelia
Lost One

Post by Mizelia »

Zander-Bo Umra wrote:
Geralt Karadas wrote:What about one specific part of the temple/enclave with multible classrooms?
That'd be a whole wing that'd probably fall into disuse because of the lack of other activities one might have there.

The current facilities hold a variety of functions on their own that allows each department to function independently. Beyond that the less-used parts are still part of a bustling enclave, even when not used.

Creating a different wing for that, whether you'd strip parts of the current wings or not, would be a lot of effort for a minimal change.
Those rooms could still have a secundary function, but I see your point.
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Geralt Karadas wrote:
Zander-Bo Umra wrote:

Those rooms could still have a secundary function, but I see your point.
Oh that goes without saying. I've done non-class roleplays in classrooms with previous characters on Alzoc, but all in all they're cramped and uninteresting environments. :P
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Mizelia
Lost One

Post by Mizelia »

Oh that goes without saying. I've done non-class roleplays in classrooms with previous characters on Alzoc, but all in all they're cramped and uninteresting environments. :P
Maybe for some, but not everyone :P
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Keep in mind people, that while the map was given to us to use, we still need to respect Sai's work and not go about making tons of alterations to it. Be appreciative of what we've been given.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Mizelia
Lost One

Post by Mizelia »

Syrena Exan wrote:Keep in mind people, that while the map was given to us to use, we still need to respect Sai's work and not go about making tons of alterations to it. Be appreciative of what we've been given.
Well, I don't want to sound disrespectful. The map atm is impressive. Self I don't think I would be able to make something like this.
I thought it was maybe interesting to join the discussion. Maybe give a few ideas if changes ever happen.