Auto-save!

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Voh Phaar
Lost One

Auto-save!

Post by Voh Phaar »

So, after constantly accidentally closing my tab, which I'd be writing my Journal in. I nearly cry my eyes out every time, this happens. Though, more seriously. I think it'd be a great idea if there was a way which posts would auto-save every minute or two. Stopping that problem, which happens to quite a lot of people.

Not sure if this would be possible, but I'd definitely love to this see this implemented onto the site.

Voho!

Name: Voh Phaar Species: Nautolan Age: 42 Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Initiated:
342.06 ABY Knighted: 368.25 ABY Mentors: Wen-Ordo, Jerex Sol
Padawans: Nodo Salar, Sadjoo Hawieedu

Krask Kabal
Lost One

Re: Auto-save!

Post by Krask Kabal »

I too would love to see this, sometimes I will write for thirty plus minutes and forget to save, click preview and have to log in again. Once I do, all of my entry is erased. Hurts so hard to lose twenty five paragraphs on a re-login.

I know I can fix it by remembering to save, or making sure I crtl+c every time I want to preview, but if there was an auto-save or at least longer before I had to re-log in again, it would be appreciated!
=Krask=Kabal=
Trandoshan
Born: 335.28 ABY Initiated: 347:01 ABY Noviced: 347.13 ABY
Padawan learner, of the Jedi Order of Rannon.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yes, absolutely support!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Create a .txt file on your desktop, write your journal in there. When you are wanting to preview it, copy/paste. Not done yet? Go back to the .txt and finish/fix whatever you see. Repeat until you are ready to submit.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Voh Phaar
Lost One

Post by Voh Phaar »

Jerex Sol wrote:Create a .txt file on your desktop, write your journal in there. When you are wanting to preview it, copy/paste. Not done yet? Go back to the .txt and finish/fix whatever you see. Repeat until you are ready to submit.
I suppose you could do that, though the idea of having it built into the site is alot more convenient though, if all else fails I know what I'll be doing from now on. :cool2:

Name: Voh Phaar Species: Nautolan Age: 42 Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Initiated:
342.06 ABY Knighted: 368.25 ABY Mentors: Wen-Ordo, Jerex Sol
Padawans: Nodo Salar, Sadjoo Hawieedu

Claude Varron
Lost One

Post by Claude Varron »

If you're using chrome just press ctrl+shift+T and it will have all of your text still in it.

P.s: Thank you Syrena for showing me this a few months back.
Athan Marr
Lost One

Post by Athan Marr »

Support
Species:Human | Age:Early-Thirties | Homeworld:Dantooine | Mentor:Nico Keztor

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Claude Varron wrote:If you're using chrome just press ctrl+shift+T and it will have all of your text still in it.

P.s: Thank you Syrena for showing me this a few months back.
Not everyone uses Chrome :S
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Some people use bing..... :shock:

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |

Mirkal
Jedi Master

Post by Mirkal »

Karmarie Zar wrote:Some people use bing..... :shock:
Bing? Groce :P. I believe Ctrl + Shift + T works for most browsers except Safari (be careful Mac owners!). IE requires you to open a new tab and open a recent tab through a menu, though I just do what Jerex suggested.

vBulletin autosaves your posts every 30 seconds or so, but I don't know if we have that kind of control of our forum's code. It would be nice to implement though, in case you're on a mobile. +1
With his love's last breath, she too exhaled a tale:
A new sun rises from the sea to flood the land in light...
Raising the mother's shining soul as blessing, these spirits light the dark to cull

Many times for eons yet to pass, the day will fade and night again will fall
But when it's darkest and again we thrash within its grip
Again the sun will rise
those spirits come to save us all
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Bing isn't an actual application you can pop up like chrome or firefox - and yes, I use Bing! Either or I just pound it out and write it all in one sitting. However, this save function has my support as I have accidentally exited out now and again.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

BellaHamilton

Post by BellaHamilton »

I was also faced with this problem.
I solved it by using Chrome and special post-saver extension for it that prevent the loss of already written content