Disable Saberlocks

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Coren Ran
Lost One
Location: Rannon, Rannon System, Instrop Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Disable Saberlocks

Post by Coren Ran »

This is less a mod suggestion, but something that would benefit us in general. Is it possible to outright disable saberlocks on the server, considering how annoying and game-breaking they are, when they happen?
| mentor_xa'o.zalei | padawans_atrux.nuro/zekii.abrak/agitt.tanwa/rei.xaria/nico.keztor/jerex.sol/krei'dexx'onubi/wolo.tay |
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Re: Disable Saberlocks

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

+1
Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

+1
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

As much as I tend to lose them, I don't want them completely removed. Having the option to toggle them on and off would be nice though.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

I think I could best agree with Jerex's statement. I don't tend to win them too often and boy do they get annoying, especially facing holograms and the like which have broken stats. But aside from I can appreciate rp saberlocking with the emotes and all, that said, I don't think I'd want that kinda' mechanic removed personally. I appreciate the idea though and would agree with implementing a toggling feature which allowed us the day and time to decide when it is active.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

The only argument I can see for keeping them is for cinematic purposes which we have emsaberlock for anyway. So this is a good idea... locks are very inconvenient and messy.

+1
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Amalia Feyn wrote:The only argument I can see for keeping them is for cinematic purposes which we have emsaberlock for anyway. So this is a good idea... locks are very inconvenient and messy.

+1
What I was thinking word to word so I agree.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Saber locks can be enabled/disabled with the "g_saberLocking" Cvar, using one of these values:
  • 0 = no saber locks
  • 1 = saber locks in duels
  • 2 = saber locks at any time (current value)
High Councilors can do this change or ask me to do it if necessary. :-)
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

As always, Soh, you're amazing :)
Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Soh Raun wrote:Saber locks can be enabled/disabled with the "g_saberLocking" Cvar, using one of these values:
  • 0 = no saber locks
  • 1 = saber locks in duels
  • 2 = saber locks at any time (current value)
High Councilors can do this change or ask me to do it if necessary. :-)
Awks... I'll uh.. get on that. :oops:

EDIT: I've edited it but I'm unsure if it'll stick after an auto restart. Pretty sure it will. Saber locks are now disabled so, everyone, let me know if one turns up because they shouldn't!