NPC Spawners

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zechs Demming
Lost One

NPC Spawners

Post by Zechs Demming »

We have the option to remove and kill NPC spawners on maps, is there a way to add a spawner to a map, or is it possible to add that function?
ace.commander|birth_321ABY|height_1.9m|weight_104.3kg|homeworld_concord.dawn|mentor_mira.dreiz|apprentice_zakarie.di'vosk_rhuacca
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Re: NPC Spawners

Post by Jerex Sol »

This might be something only possible through editing the .map file itself, though I could, of course, be wrong. If that is the case, then there is a neat little work around that gives the same effect as creating your own spawners. The same way we can load dumps that spawns npcs, we can also set a default dump to load for a specific map so that this dump is loaded every time the map is initialized by the server. (Pretty sure that is how default dumps work, feel free to correct me anyone.)
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Jao Ryn
Lost One

Post by Jao Ryn »

My knowledge of NPCs in JKA are limited but I'm pretty sure Jerex is correct.
|Age_Dead|Height_5'6|Weight_140lb|Race_Keshiri|Mentor_Hyd Marin|Padawans_Rhuacca|
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

In SP if you do /npc kill all it removes the spawners from the map so npc's won't spawn... if Soh could replicate that for RPmod then sure it's doable.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Evanin Dawnstar wrote:In SP if you do /npc kill all it removes the spawners from the map so npc's won't spawn... if Soh could replicate that for RPmod then sure it's doable.
Zechs Demming wrote:We have the option to remove and kill NPC spawners on maps, is there a way to add a spawner to a map, or is it possible to add that function?

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Wolo Tay
Lost One

Post by Wolo Tay »

Adding NPC spawners is possible via server-side map modifications, the same way that this is possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOyvCcg0jh0

At one point in the video you see a blaster bolt hit the sand, that's because I added a NPC spawner that spawns raiders to add adventure to the map.

You simply modify the .bsp and upload it to the server. Anyone who connects will see the customized entities. Stuff like walls and floors must be downloaded by everyone but entities are sent from the server to you.

If you want more specifics on how to map mod you can talk to me on Skype or learn how yourself here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =200629467

That said, it would also be nice to have this built into RPMod, could save a lot of time.