RPSound Local Looping

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tal Zem
Lost One

RPSound Local Looping

Post by Tal Zem »

Currently, we're able to add a global sound (once, or looped) or play a local sound file once either aloud or to a specific player (based on the syntax visible via /rphelp.) This means that (as far as I am aware) we cannot play a sound locally and loop it.

There are a few maps out there missing some ambient sounds (such as running water) and it would be nice to be able to use this command to overwrite that flaw and enhance immersion while role-playing.

Is this something feasible? Does anyone have a method already that they use to get around this?

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Re: RPSound Local Looping

Post by Jerex Sol »

Unfortunately, I have not found a way around this. What I usually end up doing is just describing the area as best I can using rpnotify.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Wolo Tay
Lost One

Re: RPSound Local Looping

Post by Wolo Tay »

The only method I know is performing an entity-only recompile of the serverside map. That said, I'm not sure if NPCs can generate looping sound. If they can, perhaps a few invisible sound-effect NPCs can be created.