Lightsaber forms.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sadjoo Hawieedu
Lost One

Lightsaber forms.

Post by Sadjoo Hawieedu »

It'd be pretty cool if we could get lightsaber forms, a la' Movie Battles. I know it's a far stretch, but it'd be pretty cool in terms of immersion. Plus, the baseline for it is technically there within Movie Battles, and for a closed-community mod like this that isn't exactly large scale perhaps the creators would be lenient in terms of borrowing the assets and animations required to implement it.

Name - Sadjoo HawieeduSpecies - RodianHomeplanet - Rodia
Age - 18Date of Birth - 358.07 Date Initiated - 369.29
Date Padawanned - 371.23 Mentors - Voh Phaar

Aiden Kezeron
Lost One

Re: Lightsaber forms.

Post by Aiden Kezeron »

We already have the Tavion and Desann stances. Those were base game stances(albeit hidden) that were just added to movie battles II.

People have also suggested we use parts of the Evolution of Combat Source code which have actual Lightsaber forms for its combat system rather than Fast, Medium, Heavy, Tavion, and Desann.

It's never gone through though. It's been suggested a loooot more than you think, as well as manual blocking.

|Name: Aiden Kezeron||Age: 46||Birthdate:341.04 |
|Homeplanet(s): Cathar, Naboo|
|Initiated:349.03||Padawaned:350.20||Knighted:370.14|
|Padawan(s): Maeve Lothaire, Lystra Hale|

Adrianna

Dariun Antane
Lost One

Post by Dariun Antane »

Aiden Kezeron wrote:We already have the Tavion and Desann stances. Those were base game stances(albeit hidden) that were just added to movie battles II.

People have also suggested we use parts of the Evolution of Combat Source code which have actual Lightsaber forms for its combat system rather than Fast, Medium, Heavy, Tavion, and Desann.

It's never gone through though. It's been suggested a loooot more than you think, as well as manual blocking.
Oh please, god, no manual blocking.
Name: Dariun Antane
Date of Birth: 341.09 ABY
Next Birthday: 383.09 ABY
Apprenticed: 354.22
Mentor: Wen-Ordo
Pilot License: JFRb
Departed: 382.11
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

It's been established time and time again that the forms of lightsaber combat are portrayed through RP and actually trying to enact them in character rather than relying on game mechanics. Sorry!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Vania Starr
Lost One

Post by Vania Starr »

if you want manual blocking go get OJP lol XD this is ok for me tbh
Species: Human | Age: 25 | Mentor: Isane Fenris
Sadjoo Hawieedu
Lost One

Post by Sadjoo Hawieedu »

Actually, yeah, I can agree with that at least, manual blocking is a mistake.

Name - Sadjoo HawieeduSpecies - RodianHomeplanet - Rodia
Age - 18Date of Birth - 358.07 Date Initiated - 369.29
Date Padawanned - 371.23 Mentors - Voh Phaar

Darsu
Lost One

Post by Darsu »

Delmi N'jork wrote:It's been established time and time again that the forms of lightsaber combat are portrayed through RP and actually trying to enact them in character rather than relying on game mechanics. Sorry!
But nobody actually tries to do it. 90% of us use 'ataru' and call it something else because of game mechanics
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

=Darsu= wrote:
Delmi N'jork wrote:It's been established time and time again that the forms of lightsaber combat are portrayed through RP and actually trying to enact them in character rather than relying on game mechanics. Sorry!
But nobody actually tries to do it. 90% of us use 'ataru' and call it something else because of game mechanics
I've seen multiple people of the years do it, including myself. I just think Ataru and acrobatics are the easiest and quickest way to play due to how the game works, I do agree with that.

Regardless, Soh has said that changing the combat system would take away RPMod's base compatibility which is something that he wants to keep, so it's very unlikely this would happen anyways.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Darsu
Lost One

Post by Darsu »

Oh ofcourse. It's never going to be changed but I wish we tried to roleplay our forms more often.
Dariun Antane
Lost One

Post by Dariun Antane »

There are some things you can add into a lightsaber's .sab file to give certain bonuses/restrictions, like better defense, or not being allowed to use force drain. It'd be interesting to see in game I think, make characters able to take advantage of their natural strengths (such as a Wookiee's strength).

https://jkhub.org/wiki/index.php?title=.sab
Darsu
Lost One

Post by Darsu »

Dariun Antane wrote:There are some things you can add into a lightsaber's .sab file to give certain bonuses/restrictions, like better defense, or not being allowed to use force drain. It'd be interesting to see in game I think, make characters able to take advantage of their natural strengths (such as a Wookiee's strength).

Yo this is friggin awesome. Wish I knew about this before. This seems very much achievable but it would definitely be abused.
Dariun Antane
Lost One

Post by Dariun Antane »

=Darsu= wrote:
Dariun Antane wrote:There are some things you can add into a lightsaber's .sab file to give certain bonuses/restrictions, like better defense, or not being allowed to use force drain. It'd be interesting to see in game I think, make characters able to take advantage of their natural strengths (such as a Wookiee's strength).

Yo this is friggin awesome. Wish I knew about this before. This seems very much achievable but it would definitely be abused.
Would have to be heavily monitored.
Kira Alde
Exiled

Post by Kira Alde »

In my personal opinion the whole thing would make fighting very unbalanced.

Eighteen | New Alderaan | Masterless

Kadvarr Tirladdik
Lost One

Post by Kadvarr Tirladdik »

As that is currently my field of control. I will prematurely tell you and all of your future requests to those type of changes: No.
Darsu
Lost One

Post by Darsu »

Thanks for your input. *makes a fart noise*