Weapon selection

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Weapon selection

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I've noticed that to get weapons you get *all* the weapons while you might need just 1 or 2.

And having to scroll through them as well as a whole bunch of blasters attached to your back is laggy and unrealistic.

Is there a way to allow getting a specific weapon by a command?

Like" /giveitem <target> <weapon>"
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

There are several ways to do this. Are you talking about weapons while you are merc'd?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Yes, I am. Is there a way to get just what we want/need?
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Yes. I'll speak with your master about it.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Thanks, you rock. :)
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I was about to make a new thread but found this in my search before posting.
I made a suggestion like this a long time ago and nothing was confirmed even though it recieved global agreement.

I think this would be worth looking at now.

With the growing amount of missions and simulations, it would be a total time-saver if admins could grant specific weapons to individuals without the need for Merc. Merc also has the issue of giving the stun baton which is generally usless and nothing more than added clutter to your weapons list.

This would be useful as it would save mission/sim co-ordinators from having to run into the field like some sort of vending machine, throwing guns at people everytime they start a mission or die.

If specific weapons could be granted remotely from spectator, this would save a LOT of time and people will have more control over who gets what without needing to set up RP-Mod accounts for missions.
Furthermore, this can be used to top up ammo without needing said vending-machine-Master.

Like Ametha said, this could be done as:

/rpgiveitem Sebastin Repeater
/rpgiveitem Sai Bryar
/rpgiveitem Kenta Disruptor

Obviously the names of the items may differ.

I would also extend this suggestion to make the DL-44 a givable item using this method seeing as it cannot be "traded" in the traditional method.

likewise, to remove a weapon one could use:

/rpremoveitem Sebastin Repeater
/rpremoveitem Sai Bryar
/rpremoveitem Kenta Disruptor

It can only benefit everyone, especially those directing missions.

EDIT: Here is a sister-thread where Sai/Kael tackles something similar.

-Amoné
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Amone this thread has been dead for three years...

Sorry for posting.
Last edited by Elu Dako on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Elu Dako wrote:Amone this thread has been dead for three years...
Yes, but making a new thread with the exact same suggestion is bad practice. Old or not, this thread was never addressed by Soh.

I'd like it to be now.
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Heh yeh I like and can see the benefit of such an addition so I would approve. I also made a post (in response to yours waaaaaaaaay back when) about doing the same with items as well. All good.

As for missions. Mission directors can pre-create accounts with specific weapons and items I think. But these are temporary accounts that need to be deleted after use.

So your suggestion, extending it to include items also, gets a big thumbs up from me.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Irrelevant, ideas don't die and neither do the threads. I'm in a position where I can alter individual loadouts via rpmod's interface for simulations because of my Council Admin but the long and short of it is that even if you -could- give items like this via a command, it would need to be repeated upon death/respawn, which would make it bunk for gunners in missions (which often just use altered accounts or Knights log in on their accounts to retain admin because having a secondary account with admin is against the rules but those who are running a mission often need to use these commands)

And while the flavor of a Jedi wielding a rifle is intriguing, the amount of time spent hucking a single gun over to a single person for what people already set aside an hour for preparing ahead of time means that this is essentially a DL-44 command and simulations, while I am in the interest of improving their function and form, very seldom have essential gunner characters that can't simply be set from the get go.

Also, I am not certain if this would work via strings 'bryar' 'disruptor' 'pistol' 'e-11' or if it would work via the values system that most of the mods have for force power restrictions, special move on/off cvars, '1' '2' '4' etc.

I'm sure Azra'el would like it to get a jetpack on his back. Hmm ... in the end, I have no real objections to the notion of any command that presents utility to individuals, so I am not opposed to it being evaluated/implemented.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I understand your point on Missions where weapons are assigned to accounts. This means when a player does respawn, they retain the weapon.
That's very handy of course.

However, missions are only one event where weapons are given.

There are still simulations which rarely have much prep time.

I've also seen / experienced Temple-side training where Masters have needed to merc to either use 1 weapon from the list or to pass 1 specific weapon to an idividual.

I don't believe for a moment that this will replace a system that works, but certainly anything to streamline events or reduce setup times and "MT's" would generally be nice!

As for the strings, each weapon does have a specific code, and failing that a "model/skin" name in the assets folder.
It works for sabers. ( "/saber single_1" or "/saber t_main" for example.)
So, in theory, this should work for weapons.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I don't see why people would merc just to get an E-11, they can just log into the soldier account and log out again when finished...mind you it would be time consuming but it means less lag when a mass weapons change happens....
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Waaait a minute, I said this would be useful and agreed to it ... I don't get what's happening now.

Any command idea that has some valid use and would make the lives of at least one person easier to me always gets a thumbs up. I'm of the opinion that if something can be used responsibly and creates fun, hooray!

Now, all I need is an rpclass command where I can enter in the attendance roster and have it post to journals/give out xp/log in my journal that I held class.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote:Waaait a minute, I said this would be useful and agreed to it ... I don't get what's happening now.
What is happening now is something rare and beautiful and wonderful!

Now we just need Soh to have a look and give us his divine "yae" or "nae".

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Amoné Fayden wrote:Now we just need Soh to have a look and give us his divine "yae" or "nae".
And thus Soh blesses you with a divine "yae".

It's been on my to-do list for ages. :)