Toggleable gun animations?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Toggleable gun animations?

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Okay so can there be a toggleable standing animation where the gun is held in his hand at his side?

I know it's possible because that's the idle animation for it (i don't know if idle is the right word, but when you stand still for a while, your model looks around the room, and his gun is held at his side, rather than being pointed at something. This way, you can have your gun out without actually be pointing it at somebody.

You can toggle this animation with the aiming animation.

Also, perhaps the sniper animation can be toggled for certain guns as well. (not the scope, but rather the aiming.)
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Personally, I always found the "Idle" gun animation really annoying, considering that most of the time the guns were in the hands of A) trained soldiers, or B) villainous killers... I don't think either would be so... nonchalant about wielding a weapon.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

There are various gun stance mods out there which make you hold the rifle, much in the way this picture shows; Quick Google search along with different gun-crouch stance, pistols etc.

Pretty much how things look like in MB2, weapon stance wise.
Maybe it could be implemented in that animation project Cyril was/is(?) working on.

If it could work with a toggle that would be great though. going from idle to a 'at the ready' stance whenever it's required. It shouldn't affect when you are able to fire though.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

That's a great idea Fane. I'd like to see a little more realism in things like this I'd also very much like to not swing my gun around my hip when I talk. Provided the work done by the community warranted the changes
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip