Toggleable saber animations?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

So, we won't go out fighting each other on the topic.

---Toggle For the Win---

Who wants to use the 'Lazy' Stance in a spar. Should be 'smart' enough to actually RP it out. Since, It will be a change from what you learned. If you plan on sparring with that one as I stated above.

As goes of who wants to just stay in the 'lazy' stance I don't see a problem.

Example:

I am waiting for a master to set up the holograms. I wont stay in that ready stance as I wait. So I toggle it to the 'lazy' stance. When the set up is finished. I switch back to the ready stance and remain in that one untill I finish the exercise.

Fair enough? :P

(p.s. I mostly said about us, students. due to masters being advanced in saber arts as someone stated above so it should not be a problem for them)
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Eugen Darkrider wrote: Example:

I am waiting for a master to set up the holograms. I wont stay in that ready stance as I wait. So I toggle it to the 'lazy' stance. When the set up is finished. I switch back to the ready stance and remain in that one untill I finish the exercise.

Fair enough? :P
Or you turn off your saber, considering sabers do have a power limit.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

One of the first things any Initiate is taught is how to hold a lightsaber properly, and for most of your training you'd be expected to hold it the way you've been instructed. Once you reach the stage of building your own lightsaber, you're also at the stage of developing your own personal style.

You'd also get thumped for holding your lightsaber improperly when it's active. :P

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

This all makes me think of what it must have been like to not even have our own mod.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Ahh yes, the great compromise.

Toggle!

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I was curious how this topic ended up with two more pages of posts while I was asleep. Now I see why.

Jamie, the logic I am using is the same used as to why we don't let new members in as Jedi Knights or Masters. There needs to be a system of progression for JEDI, including perks.
Back when I was a young whipper-snapper when JEDI first moved to JKA, we were just glad to have a variety of sabers in the base assets... and that we didn't have to walk to school, in the snow, up hill, to and from.

I find it odd to be so stalwart over something as simple as an idle animation. Only recently have we started towards custom stances. We've managed fine without them for years.
Also, at what point do we say "no, we won't have any more custom stances for you to pick from"? I see this snowballing into something much larger than a single idle stance. And at that point such a concept will become so convoluted that stances will be pointless.