Toggleable saber animations?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Toggleable saber animations?

Post by Jenny Wrix »

A thought just occurred to me, and I realize that if you have a custom saber you can change the default animation of your stance but anyways.

/rpsaberanim 0/1
(default 1)

0 would be for a more relaxed animation with your hands and lightsaber at your side (while ignited) and walking in all directions would look like normal walking without the lightsaber ignited, regardless of your stance. (No lightsaber walking animations. Attacking, blocking, taunts etc. stay the same.)

1 would be the default animations for each stance, walking in all directions will trigger their animations accordingly depending on the stance. (No changes, default)

Basically, this would be for scenarios where you didn't want to look like you were ready to fight (as in leaning forward and holding it up).

Now you can be as cool as Anakin!

EDIT: And yes, perhaps lowering your defense level is a good idea.
Last edited by Jenny Wrix on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

You know, the thought of being able to stand with my saber ignited and it look like Anakin in that picture really sounds cool. I also don't personally see this being that hard to do, since the animation is already there really lol..

/support x100
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Ohh, that would actually be pretty neat. I support as well!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Basically you would be able to edit the readyAnim (likewise, the katamove) string in the .sab file via the mod/console.

If it's possible, I support it fully.

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I understand the desire for such a thing, however, I believe such "customization" should be held as a privilege for those who have dedicated the time and effort into role playing to earn the ability to have a custom lightsaber in the weapon pack.

However, with the notion that this mod will eventually released publicly, I think such a feature would be a nice little bonus.

So the question is at one point do we stop focusing on tailoring the RPmod to JEDI and start tailoring it for general consumption?
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

Well, I support.

And, I believe that would be good on being able to make the command 'usable' server wise.
What I mean is. If the Council wants to let us use the command they can toggle it on. Giving us decision on the toggle animation of the saber.

So, JEDI wise. If the toggle is disabled on the server. We can't use it.
General Wise. Well that depends on every server. The command can be on or off.

Just my two cents.
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Jason Vi'Duo

Post by Jason Vi'Duo »

I support this idea, It seems natural to see people holding there lightsabers different. I find it hard to picture every jedi using the same stance. So i think this would be a really good feature.

/100% Supporting
| Name: ---- | Age: ----- | Gender: ------ | Species: ------- | Rank: None |
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

/support

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

If it's anything, I do agree with Alkur. Only high senior students would be really comfortable enough to go walking around with their body undefended like that, regardless of it being cool.

On second note, it's possible, MBII did it.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Tyren Nayrus
Lost One

Post by Tyren Nayrus »

Younger students like to look "cool" so I think it would be perfectly normal for them to use that kind of stance.

/support
Name: Tyren Nayrus | Species: Zeltron | Age: 11 | Mentor(s): None |
Skin Link
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

I'd support that argument if it'd lower your saber defense through the command, while for senior students and above with custom sabers it would not.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Olim Adasca wrote:I'd support that argument if it'd lower your saber defense through the command, while for senior students and above with custom sabers it would not.
Since custom sabers would allow you to have that stance without having a new command, just make it that way. Otherwise, I agree that defense should be lowered while on that toggleable stance. After all, it's toggleable, so logically you wouldn't use it in danger or spars.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

I agree with what you're saying, only senior students should be allowed to have a more relaxed stance and still fight with it. But if this does get added, younger students will be asked to raise their stance and be more cautious, whereas experienced padawans/knights/masters know what they're doing and will not be asked to use the more serious stance because of their greater experience with a lightsaber and/or they're knights or masters. Through more IC lightsaber training with a master or in classes, students will find reasons why to use it or why not to use it.

But maybe I'm thinking too deeply about this.
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I'll echo Alkur's thoughts on the matter. On a related note, in the current version of RPMod, emotes are specified in an external text file which makes adding new ones very easy. Non-JEDI clans/groups would be free to implement extra stances as emotes to their hearts content.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

I believe anyone can hold their saber like that or other ways. It's using it that we should have the 'earn' thing for. I support this idea.