Mind Control Rank 1

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Mind Control Rank 1

Post by Sared Kilvan »

At the earlier rank or two of Mind Trick, instead of invisibility, Rank 1 changes the users model/skin to a preset.

Simus sets '/rpmt X', where X is the name of a currently connected player, or skin reference (such as reborn/blue)
Simus uses MT on Kenta
Kenta now sees reborn/blue until cancelled or broken with Seeing 1

Rank 2 granting that use to the whole room/area.

Don't want to hear any crying from those of you that enjoy the ability to sneak and cloak at rank 1. It's annoying and unrealistic.

Sent from my Datapad

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Or Simus could simply say ::Uses mind trick:: then change models heh.

It's a interesting suggestion but things like this can simply just be expressed with ::'s and a simple model change when he does it!
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

But, you've got to realize that the "Mind Trick" power ingame is considered cloak, not the actual mind trick...In this case, I have to agree with Phillip.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Misdirection, as a level one ability, is fine to me. Actual -cloaking- I reserve for levels 2 and higher, whereas illusions or mind control are grey areas that incorporate a lot of roleplay and can work at any level of the ability.

I don't have any good things to say that are extremely relevant so I abstain from the comment with the reminder that the power "Mind Trick" is not the same thing to everyone.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Maloush wrote:I have to agree with Phillip.
I must be seeing things :shock: heh :D
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

This is one of those things that practically any body shouldn't be able to do until that certain age.

However, for the sake of gaming etc, as it stands it stands, the rest can be RPed through actions I suppose, just please please, consider the time to train in it.

Even a 15 year old might not be able to do this, special 'trait' or not... but most already do as some stage.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

You can find the current mechanics for RPmod's force powers: HERE

Well worth a look as there are alot of different things.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

No you aren't seeing things Phill, Tomoran, Maloush, and yourself are spot on. Two very different things.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Sasha Raven wrote:No you aren't seeing things Phill, Tomoran, Maloush, and yourself are spot on. Two very different things.
I was being sarcastic..or Ironic, either way heh.
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Okay, I do not think this would be good, simply because the power we are talking about here is Force Cloak, not mind trick.

But I think this would make a good new power

We could possibly add illusions and effects (sight appearing foggy, smokey etc)
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I thought about maybe using the cloaking effects from KOTOR when stealthed/cloaked, the sort of ripple effect which you can see through.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

There is already strong opposition to the 'cloak' effect of the cloaking device.

Adding it to mind tricks cloak would be counter intuitive.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Yeah, if you disappear, you should disappear. Keeps all the 'god modding' at bay.

I think that, if you were to add a new power as a mind, what would be cool is that - your target would become a friendly bot for like... 10 seconds, and attack other bots for you.

Not sure how this would work though in regards to the status and set up of the other NPCS and players playing a role, but it would be awesome to have Kenta attack Phileas under mind trick (<3 kidding).

:lol:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Don't support this, sorry. It isn't mind trick. It's cloak.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

But if we added another power I think was the new direction, but yeah - cloak is cloak, no doubt about it.

But if we focused on 'Mind Trick' at face value... how would that power work? hence my last post.